A fundraiser

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
So, there was a rape/murder here in town in the last week. I didnt know the victim, or her family or anything. We live near each other, but its not the biggest town so thats not sayin much. My girlfriend and I decided that we wanted to help the family out. While no amount of money can bring the girl back, it can take one stress outa the families mind. We decided to have a car show/car wash to raise money. So far we've got the space for the show for free (provided by Autozone), they donated TONS of food, we've got a fair start for good lookin cars to show, and we've got recognition from local news stations. Even the cheerleaders from the high school the victim and I attended offered to come help. Shows tommorow, weather forcast is good, plans are in place. Just gotta setup in the morning and roll with it. It feels good to be doin somethin for someone else on a little bit larger scale. And its nice to know that others see what were doin, and want to help. I guess thats all.

[/excited,eager post]

cool deal. even if it doesn't really 'do' anything, it still offers that 'x person was a good kid' for the family type of feeling.

:thumbsup:

this is a good thing you are doing

Make sure you target the car show to hotrods, you'll get a lot more out of it and a lot less head aches.

Thanks everyone. Its a pretty awesome experience. Were at about 10k already.

Welp, finished the day at 10k. Got word that another event at the other end of town brought in 1200. The whole thing was an absolutely amazing experience. The father of the victim made an appearance, and gave my gf a flower arrangement. I didnt get to meet him, but Im glad he could come out and see the support from the community.

Back