a good exhaust for 95 civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90htchbck

yeah, i just got a super clean 95 civic ex, looking to put a nice sounding exhaust on it, it's a stock 1.6 single cam v-tec, what's a good exhaust to put??? do i have to put the whole exhaust or will a muffler do??? is there a significant increase in horsepower for certain mufflers??? was thinking of putting magnaflow but i know there are soo many different mufflers, what would sound best???

If you want a decent sound from your exhaust, then buy a brand name full cat back. Bolting a muffler onto your stock piping will most likely sound crappy. As far as horsepower gains go, don't expect a whole lot, even from a name brand system. This is a naturally aspirated single-cam 4-cylinder we're talking about, so be realistic in your expectations.

One more thing to consider is that oval-shaped mufflers will produce a lower, mellow sound while the thin, round, "fartcan" style mufflers are usually louder and raspier. If loud and raspy is what you want, then I'd suggest something like the Apex'i N1 or Skunk2 Mega Power systems. If you want something more subtle, than look towards the RSR Ex-Mag or the Apex'i World Sport, or any system with a "Twin Loop" style muffler.

exhaust

i looked up the RSR Ex-Mag and...wasn't looking to spend that much...what can i get for $100-$200??? How do you guys feel about magnaflow exhaust on a civic???

well i got a oval shaped muffle and it sounds like high pitched and whinny at high rpm (5k-7200) but below 5k it sounds beautiful (but i think thts just cuz on the pipe comming out is tiny so if you go with an oval exhaust make shurr it has a decent size pipe comming and it will sound imaculite

i looked up the RSR Ex-Mag and...wasn't looking to spend that much...what can i get for $100-$200??? How do you guys feel about magnaflow exhaust on a civic???

For $100-$200 you're not going to be able to get much besides an "eBay special." When you say "Magnaflow exhaust" I'm guessing you're probably meaning just a muffler, not a full catback. If you can get a full Magnaflow system for that much, I'd say go for it, otherwise I'd say go ahead buy a cheapo eBay exhaust system over just a muffler.

Back