A healthcare plan Obama should read.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hmmm that article made way to much sense. Now this leaves two explanations. The author is a raging hate-mongering psycho that has a swastika tattooed on his balls, or this was bought and paid for by big industry. Does not matter what industry it was, it was just purchased by a big one. I think Rush wrote this.

That really was a solid article but will be dismissed by everyone outright because if you are not on board with Obamas none plan then you are un-American.

^ Thats probably because in the Obama admin, nobody believes its possible to fix anything for less than $1 Trillion.

Time for a 2010 "contract with america".

i agree this actually makes a lot of sense. but there i would suggest some other additions as well.

1) allow an annual check for free or really affordable, like $20. because prevention or early detection is key to curing an ailment and will reduce cost.

2) make office visits or "prescription" visits no more than $50. my ear ached really bad and it lasted for a few days. i didnt have insurance and put it off. i went into a clinic and got some antibiotics and ear drops. the office visit alone cost around $350 atop of the meds (which i got a discount for one of those prescription club things) and it was around $400. why should it cost $350 for you to sit somewhere for 30-60 min for service and then see the doctor for 2 min to give you some drugs?

im no political or medical genius but these are some suggestions and are from personal experience.

but you are wanting the government to step in and tell people what they can and cant charge.
i dont much care for that.

medicines are expensive because of the amount of time and research that are put into one particular type of drug.
doctors charge so much because of the amount of money it costs to go through medical school and the amount it costs to get a doctors office running.
also, theres the biggest cost of all, medical insurance, which is covered in the article.

that one reason usually is the main reason it costs so much to go to the doctor.
because billy joe got pissed off that the doctor didnt diagnose her fever correct the first time she sues, that is covered by medical insurance, insurance that doctors are required to pay for, and that cost is brought back to you because some dumb bitch somewhere cant stand the fact that doctors are human and make mistakes.

im not asking the government to impose regulations, im just merely suggesting. most hospitials dont get much income from office visits or check ups anyway, but rather large surgeries or emergency room visits. maybe small offices i can see where this can hurt them. but what about government funded hospitals? they receive all these grants and are part of the public education system yet they still charge the same as the privately own corps, im talking as in UCLA, UCI, UCSF etc...

and as for paying for med school, a majority of the students get their loans forgiven/paid for if they work for certain companies or the government plus sign on bonuses. the problem with the short staff isnt the lack of interest, as in the 80s, but the lack of room. too many students too few resources/staff as it is in many situations right now.

and i know medicine is expensive, but that is why you have generics. too bad they have patents that last a while, but thats how the ball rolls.

lastly, as for insurance, i totally agree. its unfortunate that is how america operates. every sector of business i have been in (grocery, restaurant, hospital, etc) people are worried about getting sued. the suggested cap on entitlement seems like a good idea, but what if it is a legitimate case (not saying all of them arent). how can you put a price on your baby's life because of a nurse or doctors negligence? difficult to answer.

anyway, just a little background i was premed with emphasis in bio+micro. im getting ready (who knows when or how long) to prepare to apply for grad school.

You know my biggest complaint with Healthcare reform is the complete and utter lack of debate. Obama wants to ram everything down everyones throat, we have democrate congress critters and the speaker of the god damn house portraying American citizens as unpatriotic nazis. And everyone blasting anyone who is asking a question as some greedy ass republican.

I had a friend of mine accuse me of being a heartless republican because I wasnt deep throating Obamas plan. A lot of poeple assume that if you are against Obama Care then you have never gone without and have a god damn cash tree in your back yard. That is the farthest from the truth you can get. I am just sick and tired of the government butt fucking us with every half baked plan that they can come up with.

Look at SS and Medicare, two busted ass systems that are going to implode sooner rather than later. We cannot manage to stop stop the hemorrhaging of these two government ran systems but we can prop up a nation wide no questions asked health-care reform bill with no problem?

Some of this shit is straight out of Nineteen Eighty-Four. I find myself thinking that everything these people say is double think and double speak. Obama is quoted multiple times throughout his career, if you can really call it that, that he wants to strive for a single payer option and get the private sector out of the way. Yet he reverses his position now all of a sudden? I find it very hard to believe that Obama has abandoned his thoughts and ideals that he held two years ago. And his comments about wondering if his grandmother should have had a hip replacement when she was diagnosed with a terminal illness are just creepy. I understand quality of life, I have made it clear to my friends and family that if I turn into a vegi someone put a .45 to my head and take care of business. Well that, or just pull the plug. But if I am terminal I am going to want to make the most out of life god damn it. If you have the money/insurance to have major surgery done while terminal then good on you.

Over all I am just tired. I am tired of all the fucking lies that come out of our alleged public servants. The whole system is a broken mess. From city councils to the white house. Everyone is so concerned about further their own agenda that they do whatever it takes under the guise of the common good. You know what the common good is really all about? Letting people lead the life they want. Quit propping people up and tearing others down to make it fair. Life is not fucking fair, it never has been. Where in hell the guarantee in the Constitution? You have the right life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I guess they forgot the astrix to let all these dumb asses that your mileage will vary. The ideal of being entitled to live like Bill Gates when you are smart as Paris Hilton is just stupid. Our grand parents and even more so with our great grand parents would whoop our asses if they could see us now.

Untold amounts of blood have been shed for the ideals of freedom and independence, family's have been divided to ensure everyone had a fair shake men have been murdered in cold blood for speaking out against the wrongs in this country and how do we repay them? By assuming that they where all wrong, that the right choice is really a Cradle to the Grave society. Where everything is handed to us simply because we are American. I do not look forward to the day when my son asks me what it was like in the olden days if things keep down this road. There is a chance that we will look like the biggest idiots of all mankind if things go as they are. It may even rival the fall of Rome.

one and only thought on the government running anything as large and expensive as health care.

when is the social security fund going to dry up? End of debate. The government will destroy most anything it gets its hands on.

The govt's goal is the same as every corporation - to provide you with more and more services in exchange for more and more of your money. The more services you receive from the govt, the more you depend on them. There is nothing more a governing body wants than complete, utter dependence from its constituents.

a1277_bm.gif

Back