A Job For Newbies?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SaintJude

Alright, my friend bought some H&R springs (1.5" drop) and I bought the Tokico Performance (Tokico Blues) lowering kit for our Civics. We're getting estimates of about $120 dollars for installation services (the cheapest we could find anyways) and now we're wondering if it's really worth it. I read and printed the article on this very site about replacing springs and shocks but I've never done it before. The most I ever really work with cars is replacing the oil and rotating tires. I can get all the equipment as I know a garage that lets people rent tools and the garage for a day to do whatever they want, really cheap. Do you think replacing springs is a task for the absolute novice?

do it yourself, but set aside 4 or 5 hours if you never attempted something like this b4.
i did my coilovers on my car all by myself.

took me forever, but the knowledge gained is invaluable.

buy ur buddy a case of beer for helpin u out

<<edit>> oh ya, and TAKE YOUR TIME. nothing worse than rushing it and fucking it up to pieces.

you can deffinately do it, but like karnash said, set aside i'd say 4-5 hours if you've never done it before. it's pretty straight forward, just dont forget to get your brake lines strapped down and your lugs propperly torqued. good luck and have fun!

search online as well ...for some pictured guides ...they will be extremely helpful .... i saw some before but i dont remember where ... gl

Back