A lil more power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

I have a 99 civic ex with AEM adjustable cam gear, skunk 2 manifold, I/H/E, diff cap/rotor/wires/plugs and a VAFC-II. I was looking for a lil more HP so i was thinking of a cam. What kind of HP generally does a diff cam put out on a D16Y8? What cam would be best? I heard that Zex was good, and it is in my price range as well. i want to stay all motor because this HAS to be my everyday driver. And i dont have the money or time for a swap. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

ZEX and Crower for SOHC D series engings = :thumbsup:

As for power gains, who knows.... but people have gotten over 140whp with stock pistons. With your mods and some tuning plus a new cam, I think you could exceed that.

not having money for a swap...understanable

not having time...inexcusable!!! your BASIC b series swap might take all of a weekend if you know what you're doing. worse case scenerio - have a professional do it for a mere $400

but if you're steadfast on staying with the D...then by all means enjoy your 140hp

You might be able to get 8-10whp out of a more aggressive cam with proper tuning of course. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

so if i did end up reaching..saaayy....130 HP..would my stock clutch be able to handle that consistantly? thanks in advance.

Back