A little adveice about new headers on my accord : )

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91accordwithwork

kid that everyone loves!
ok so i think i wana go ahead and buy some meagan racing headers for my 91 accord, the only thing i need help with is, i heard if i wana replace my headers im going to need to go ahead and replace everything else that comes after it, including my cat conver. and even my exaust, becasue they all wont fit togeher cause the new headers??

any help guys?

well first off you just need 1 header, not headers. second...if you install the header just take it to your local exhaust shop and have them do the mods that are needed to make it all connect. you shouldnt have to replace much of anything...maybe a gasket or two. good luck man.

thanks you, so u say buy the new header not headers : ) lol then drive to a exaust shop and have them install?

how much wil they charge me about?

either install your self and drive (loudly) to the shop, or ya...have them do it i guess. and i dont know what it will cost each shop is different. do some research and pick what will work best for you.

thank you for the advice man. i think i might just call the shop and ask this, if i buy new header for my honda can u adapt the connection for me?

is that good?

id say this. 'hey, i bought a new header...i need it to hook up to my stock set up. what will that run me if you install/if i install?" something along those lines i guess.

They should hook up in place of the stock, you shouldn't need any extra length of pipe or anything.

And why are you bothering to upgrade your manifold if from the cat back is still the same?

Edit: I have a megan header on my 89 crx, i can't say if it's different for sure than the stock, as my stock was very hacked together. My logic is that a CAT back system bolts up right after the cat, so that should be the exactly the same as what you have. It would only make sense that a header that directly bolts up to a cat back would bolt up to stock.

Last edited:
Yup, quality headers will just bolt right up, unless its a custom thing. And if you have a V-6 accord, its headers.

You know, I'm going to go on a rant, its always fucking headers, unless you have a one cylinder motor. Just because the flange attatches them together, they are still headers.

Yeah, fuck you all. Headers ftw.

You know, I'm going to go on a rant, its always fucking headers, unless you have a one cylinder motor. Just because the flange attatches them together, they are still headers.

... you must get all kinds of tail with knowledge like that

haaha yah i got a 4 banger actully but,

im going to just get that megan soon, ill tell u guys how it goes

thanks for all the help!

Back