A Little Different

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KyleCrews

I khow that the displacement difference between the h23 and h22 is simply the difference in the stroke and rod lenght. I'm also pretty sure that the blocks on the h23 and h22 up to 96 have the same block (correct me if i'm wrong). I read other posts about people doing an swap with an h23 block with a h22 head. If you already had an h22, couldn't you just switch out the crank and pistons with ones out of an h23 and get teh same effect ( h23vtec ). If this is true, could you also switch the crank and pistons from an h23 to a newer model h22 ( '97+ )?

im not sure on your exact post, but if you swap the crank, you need to swap the rods to the h23 as well, otherwise your pistons are going to go through the head :p

Sorry, my mistake. I meant to say the crank and rods. What i really wanted to know was if you could swap the crank and rods from and h23 to a '97+ prelude engine since the bore is the same and use the pistons from the h22 so that everything is the same on the h22 except you've got more displacement ( H23VTEC ).

Any idea if the crank and rods from an h23 will swap to a '97+ prelude block. I'd be using the pistons that came with the h22.

Back