A little help is needed....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92accord

Hey guys, my buddy and I swapped in a 1.8L LS non VTEC dohc engine into his '98 EK hatch. We are using a Civic Si harness of the same year and using the LS ecu. It's throwing several codes and 2 of them I can account for because it has no O2 sensors hooked up yet. Here's the codes I pulled from the ecu with my scanner.

P1509 Manuf. Control Vehicle Speed Idle Speed Control Aux Inputs <----------I have no earthly idea what that one means??
P0135 Heated O2 Sensor Malf. (Bank 1, Sensor 1) <--------- Know this one........
P1337 manuf. Control Ignition System or Misfire <-------- Have no idea either??
P0141 O2 Sensor Malf. (Bank 1, Sensor 2) <------- Know this one too........

The car idles reeeally really low. I'm talking like 450rpm. It also has a bit of hesitation on throttle tip in which I am attributing to the O2 snesors not working right. Also, we used another LS harness and it didn't have the right plugs to all the sensors on the B18A?? The Si harness has everything covered except of course the VTEC which this engine does not have, nor will the ecu look for. Any help at all is really appreciated. We're trying to get this thing running right. Just in case if you're wondering, the engine was practically given to him so that's why he used it versus a B18C. Thanx a bunch guys......... :)

Edit.....the donor engie is a OBD1 engine.....1994 Integra. Could this be the problem?

You would most likely be getting the P1509 Manuf. Control Vehicle Speed Idle Speed Control Aux Inputs and P1337 manuf. Control Ignition System or Misfire because of a misfire. . . check you timing and where your spark plug wires are located. . . other than that I have no clue. . .

Quoted post[/post]]
You would most likely be getting the P1509 Manuf. Control Vehicle Speed Idle Speed Control Aux Inputs and P1337 manuf. Control Ignition System or Misfire because of a misfire. . . check you timing and where your spark plug wires are located. . . other than that I have no clue. . .

It idles smoothly, no misfiring until you start to get on it. I edited my post just earlier and the donor engine is a OBD1 engine from a 1994 Integra LS. Are the sensors different from OBD1 to OBD2?

Quoted post[/post]]

It idles smoothly, no misfiring until you start to get on it. I edited my post just earlier and the donor engine is a OBD1 engine from a 1994 Integra LS. Are the sensors different from OBD1 to OBD2?

That is possibly it. . . do some reasearch on it

Well, I'm not too sure where to look for info on what needs to go where? I don't have any manuals available except Chilton books. We don't have the good ones here........ I am at my wits end. Are there sensors missing from the OBD2 ecu that's not there on the OBD1 engine? All of the sensors on the harness are accounted for as far as I can tell?

Are you running an OBD2 ecu. I'm confused. If you are running an OBD2 ecu, then it will be looking for 2 oxygen sensors, before and after cat. Also(I don't know for sure, but making a logical guess) your first code about idle speed could be that you IACV could have a problem with it or the wiring to and from it. Kinda sounds like it is unplugged with you having a 450rpm idle. Regardless whether I am right or not, I know you will have to get the idle problem and o2 sensors installed before you can start hunting down a misfire problem. Definitely start with the o2 sensors.

Yes, it is running a OBD2 Integra LS ecu. He also has a GSR ecu. Not too sure what year tho. I'll see what happens when we get the O2 sensors wired up and take it from there..........thanx a bunch guys!! :)

Back