1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little help?

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by eastbxc, Aug 31, 2009.

1. eastbxc

eastbxc Custom User Title

Hey I have been looking around and have not found any results so any help would be great. I am trying to put a cd player in my car (1990 civic hatch std) and I am starting with a birdness of wires and a male plug that attaches to the cd player harness. What I need is a picture or some way of know which wires go into the male plug? I already know which wires are the speaker wires....I will try and post pictures of the male plug to show you what I am working with

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

the pic will help

3. eastbxc

I hope this helps

this is the plug it self (sorry for the quality)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is the harness that connects to the headunit

[​IMG]

4. hooligan

hooligan New Member

what color wires do you have going to the speakers?

5. hooligan

hooligan New Member

And how many wires are there? 13

6. AHHVTEC

i would just match up what you can see and the rest should fall into place, because counting the side thats not cut it should tell you where the other wires go

7. eastbxc

is there a way to get the wires out of the plug so I can start fresh and make it look cleaner?

8. AHHVTEC

pull like hell lol, there just pins so there made to stay in good, just take a close look at it and you'll get it

9. eastbxc

haha okay I was pulling pretty hard and didnt want to break anything

10. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

you can pull them out easily. You need a small flathead screwdriver. I mean the small ones....

you push the wire in and stick the screwdriver in through the back and pull out to unhook it. You can then solder whats left of the wire to another wire....might want to color match to the CDP harness.

thats it. Or you can go to the junkyard and cut another factory harness so you have more longer wires to solder or crimp.

11. DESPAIN

DESPAIN yep....mmhhm.......yep...

OK, i have been here many times before. here is the easiest thing to do. go to wal-mart... get an adapter for $7.99 make sure its for your app. they come with an easy diagram and most of the wires allreay match up. then you can just plug in your cd player. when you get a new one you just cut plug (plug to cd player) and wire to new deck.....tada!!!! trust me this will be the best 7.99 you ever spent. rep if it helps

12. AHHVTEC

thats true but the stock harness plug has been cut, he already has the jumper its in the pic lol

13. DESPAIN

but if he goes and buys a new one then he will have the diagram that comes with it. and he can just use the new plug....... skip bird's nest.....lol

14. eastbxc

I didn't think you can get the stock male end that comes off the harness at a wal mart....would I be able to get the ends off the tips that are into the end now or is there a place I can buy new tips because I would prefer not to solder anything

another thing I thought of was I have the cig lighter plug there to that has 4 wires for power could I just use those wires to power the head unit? I know which wires are the speaker wires and we know 2 of the power wires its just 2 of them dont match

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  15. DESPAIN

just go to wal-mart and buy that kit. it should have a diagram for the colors/wires what they go to. worst case/ you might have to use butt connectors to hook up the plug.

16. eastbxc

I wanted to post this picture up so if anyone was searching in the future they might find this useful. Hope someone find use for this. I got this out of a shop manual has exactly what I need but thanks everyone for there input.

[​IMG]

17. dateg513

dateg513 New Member

invest in a digi mulit meater ..... also if you dont know if a speaker wires are pos or neg take a 9 volt batt and put one wire on each end if speaker moves out its correct if it moves in its backwards b.... trouble finding your constant 12v and switched 12v ....... take a multi meater and switch it to dc v and hook the ground from meater up somewhere and take keys out car and make sure its off just like when you go to bed and look for a wire that reads 12v next the 12v switch ... turn keys to acc and find another wire that reads 12v when you do turn keys all the way off if it goes to 0v you found it .. if you cant find ground just run a new one do this and your good

1 person likes this.
  18. eastbxc

+rep great idea....its what we ended up doing

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted