a little more pep

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rad15e

hey guys kinda new to this,looking into buying a 91 integra with a b18a1 and was wanting to get a few more hp out of it,nothing big say 40 to 50 without going into the moter to deep,thanks alot for any thoughts on this

only way to get 40-50hp quick and easy is nitrous.

otherwise i would say put a vtec head on it with some decent cams, a little higher compression pistons, bolt ons, and a tune and you will make 50 hp

drive better.

serious. get some better brakes, tires, and suspension. the only thing that matters is drivability. power is only an excuse for losing a drag race.

what kind of numbers would i get from a good header, ecu and a good intake and maybe a set of cams and i forgot to mention its going to be on a circle track

i/h/e will only get you maybe 10hp to the wheels. cams maybe another 8-15. but you will be spending a lot of money to get there. ecu would cost the most since you would want an entire tune.

i got a line on another car today ,its a 93 prelude with a h23 non-vetc but it has a auto trans,would this car be faster than the teg having 160 hp or would the auto trans lose alot ,and would the trans hold up to some rought treatment

The h23 non- v-tec is pretty quik. Dont know about the auto tranny. All i have to say about that is....why even bother. Just get a manual.

i would think that an auto trans would be out of the question for racing... honda transmissions are not that tough under abuse, and the auto definitely saps some power.

get the teg, get a intake, a good header, exhaust, cams, maybe an intake manifold, etc, find a local tuner and have them dyno tune the car. some will do it for relatively cheap, you may be surprised.

something you may really want to consider if you do buy the integra, is to pick up an old b16a cable trans. the gear ratio is considerably shorter and will make better use of the power you have. they arent very expensive, and might even be a more valuable mod than stuff to increase hp.

drive better.

serious. get some better brakes, tires, and suspension. the only thing that matters is drivability. power is only an excuse for losing a drag race.

true! alot depends on the driver! me beating my friends 160hp lude with my 108hp ef civic proves it.

if your beating a 160 hp lude with a civic then he has a turning problem,my cars have 58 wins 3 track championships and hold 2 track records here in ky with a 91 teg untill it got taken out,but the newer model teg's and ludes are dam hard to beat with 130 hp--i really like the teg,i just need to step it up to stay up front

if there are rules about building the engine, then i would try to find a 94+ gsr. ive seen beat up high mileage ones for less than $3k.

but if you can build the motor, then the old DA integra is fine, you can make 160whp for fairly cheap and 200+ whp if you have some money to spend on a full built ls/vtec.

can't really build motor according to rules,i'm getting the 91 teg that is in better than average shape for 700.00,-has no title-,wonder if anyone need interior parts and pieces ,its all coming out,some of the cars are latter model tegs with vtec's,some of the toyotos are pretty strong,but the b18 will hold its on in a closed 3/8 high banked track,looking for ways to get a little more weight out of the car plus a little more pep,thanks you guys i paying attenion to all suggestions

ok guys looks like i'm buying the teg,gonna be turning around 7k rpm what do i need to look at first ecu,header,intake and if so what kind is recomended,thanks

Back