1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a moment of silence for the fallen civic

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by iluvepills1985, Dec 13, 2003.

1. iluvepills1985

iluvepills1985 Member

as of yesterday i layed the civic to rest....i know its hard to stomach but im sure we can make it through this hard time.... my transmission exploded...literally i dunno how it happened but i was racein on the parkway in hsv and i hit 135 when all of the sudden i heard a huge explosion and my front tires locked up then the oil pressure light came one so i managed to get it off the road and i poped the hood and smoke was pourin out i found a piece of metal bout as thick as a magic marker stickin out of my block..... so today i took out the engine and found out that i not only put a hole in my block but i allso had no transmission well i had pieces of it the whole shell was cracked and there was a lot of it missing so i sold the car for 400 dollars cuz it was still in good shape minus the hole in the tire well.. may the civic rest in peace and may god take its soul

2. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

that was more then the transmission exploding dude. sounds like you snapped a rod, and that was the peice of metal "the size of a magic marker" sticking out. sorry to hear about your car man. jus get another one :)

3. Magik

Magik Senior Member

Bummer...sorry to hear that dude. :(

I know how you feel I laid mine baby to rest a few weeks ago courtesy of a Dodge Ram that cut me off...

Jason

4. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

that sucks, time for a new project then huh?

5. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

I know how that goes. My old civic is still in my friends garage from when the uninsured asshold dirtbag cut me off. I didn't feel like putting $1500 into it to get it back to where it was, so I bought a ITR! I will part with the civic eventually once I get it back to stock.

6. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

I don't wanna sound like a hater or anything, but you shouldn't be driving like that. Street racing is fucking stupid and I think you got exactly what was coming to you. You're lucky you didn't get fucking killed when your tires locked up. Sorry to hear it man, but I offer no sympathy to you. That is all.

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

asshat.

thts what you get for puching the limits of a car.

you're lucky it didn't lock up and send you into a barrell rool at 135....

8. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Swap another motor in ... This is Hondaswap.com :)

-> Steve

9. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

or a barrel roll...those are dangerous too

:blink:

10. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

Whoa lots of negatives. Right on man, it died doing what it loved. The most important question is were you winning??? Keep on running hard and fast.

11. bigdaddyIII

bigdaddyIII Senior Member

:asshat: for driving like that. :bawling: for your car

12. zcrex

zcrex Senior Member

yea because noone here has ever raced on the street. :roll: but i guess it's ok when i and i do it.

13. jiahanhao

jiahanhao Senior Member

Why do people not use punctuation in their stories? I really can't read that thing...

14. ventolin5

ventolin5 Senior Member

sheesh...

If someone makes there car fast and wants to drive it fast your gonna be the jerk for telling him he or she cant or shouldn't?

I love tearing down the highway at over a hundred miles an hour!

piss off! and when your driving your fast car slow stay to the right so I have no problems flyin bye you. Cuz thats the way i roll.

"we go the speed limit" OOOOoooo...! :fuckyou2:

15. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

:ph34r: I make it a point to use as many punctuational marks as possible.........

In case ya haven't noticed....get it...point...harhar.....

16. jiahanhao

jiahanhao Senior Member

=(

no more ... for me... ... .

17. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

And you're another fucktard. Go boast about that shit on some board like HondaHookUp, but that's not what we're about in here. At least I hope not. You may think you're cool, but you're not. You're just an accident waiting to happen. It's people like you that give other import car owners a bad name, and get the police to profile our cars negatively. <_<

18. h82w8

h82w8 Senior Member

19. BrahmaBullSQ

BrahmaBullSQ Senior Member

Ventolin5... you're a fucktard. Have you been to the track? Or are you scared that the guys who CAN drive are gonna be watching your slow ass? You probably do 100 at all times in a shitty Civic DX. Way to go pal. We're ALL proud of you.

20. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

Driving fast is fine, but endangering anyone's life but your own is where the stupidity is. Like doing 100 and weaving in traffic. If the road is clear, who cares if someone wants to do 100+. If you are a good enough driver to handle it (most people aren't) and your car can do it safely (*cough* not a stock honda *cough*) Then go ahead. It's only you that will end up dead if you make a mistake.

Don't take the moral high ground like you have never driven fast before. Pissedoffsol, E_SolSi, Loco Honkey, wildbillhatch, I and a few others, had quite a drive at the VT meet. Loco and E were around 145-150 I believe, and I was around 130 before the ol governer kicked in. We're not idiots. We knew exactly what we were doing, and what goes along with driving that fast.

Most cars can easily outdrive their driver. Case and point, someone takes an offramp a bit too fast... the back end starts to come out a bit. 98+% of drivers have no idea what to do, and end up freaking out and crashing. The other 2% of drivers do a little correcting and are fine. at 100+ mph, 98+% drivers have no idea what changes with high speed. Steering sensitivity, braking issues (distance, heat), etc etc. The other 2% know exactly what is going on, and how/when it is safe to do so.

The problem is that about 99% of the fucking idiots who shouldn't even be allowed on a pedal bike, think they are in that top 2% of drivers who are in control, and make us all look like a bunch of idiots. They get people killed, and endanger us all. Those are the people that send me into a fucking rage.

That is all.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted