A New Toy,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sloazcrx

So I'm looking in my local auto trader and I find this ad:

89 Nissan 240sx Fastback, 5 spd., spoiler, sunroof, needs water pump. $700

So I call the guy and he says that the water pump is leaking extremely bad and that it will have to be replaced before the car can be driven away. I asked about the title and he claims that it's clear. Body is supposed to be good shape with no dents or rust? Anyways, i'm leaving to go look at it tonight. What do you guys think? If it's in good shape I think I might try to offer him 500 for and go from there. We'll see.

yeah get that bitch! I want one soooooo bad, if I found one for $700...oooooo damn! I would walk over to him with a hand full of cash and a pen to sign the title!

If you can, try to find a 91 or newer. That's when they went DOHC and 16V.

Still, it's a great deal.

Sup guys, well I got it but not for 700. I got it for $550. The title has been signed over and notarized. It needs some work though. Other than the water pump it is in serious need of a tune up and probably a few other things. With almost 200,000 miles on it the timing probably needs replaced, assuming it ever has been. Body was in good shape. The paint was faded but other than that there weren't any noticeable dents or anything. The tires were flat but that's because it has been sitting in this guys yard for a while. Later.

Those cars have timing chains. I've NEVER seen one break. The guides for the timing chain will get torn up, though, so I'd replace the timing chain tensioner, the guide, and replace the plugs and wires... Roll out. Enjoy the Nissan World.

Don't hate dude, lol. Man when I saw the ad for the car I was expecting to see a ragged out piece of junk, but when I looked at it, it wasn't in that bad of shape. Mind you what I've listed as obvious things that need to be worked on. I just couldn't pass it up. Now I'm torn, work on my crx or fix the 240. I've got to get a trailer from a friend this afternoon and go pick the car up. It's about 40 miles away, so that'll be fun. Tommorrow it'll get the new water pump, plugs, wires, fluids, stabilize the fuel and any other thing it needs at the moment. Now i've just got to save for the sr20det and she'll be set.

Back