A one way shifter WHOA!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Honda_Motor_Co.@Nov 13 2003, 07:45 PM
Usually if your a import racer you usually know what gear your in....
And yes i think it does most likely

are you fuckin serious?? "if youre an import racer......" you sound like vin fuckin diesel. hey honda whatever..go fuck yourself. youre dumb, you come here thinking you know everything...fag.

that thing is cool but i think i would screw up a lot. does it have something to stop you from skiping gears?

:blah: ...... :rant:

You should naturally know what gear your in by engine sound or speed.
And putting it in the N postion when coming to stops.

:mad: < your face

yeah but i bet it would get confusing if you just moving straight up and down.

lol yesturdy i thoguht i was in first but i was in 3rd on a signal and whne it turn green i let go the cluch and just died with a big clunk noise. it was so embaressing.

Vin diesel is an actor he dosent do that for a living Paul Walker might , not Vin
:fuckyou:

You cant (MISS) gears with that, no it wont keep you from skipping, if you hold in the clutch and push down twice you would be skipping the gear your supose to be in.

what if you are cruising in 5th and have to stop really fast? do you have to hit forward 5 times on the shifter before you are back in nuetral? that and you cant skip gears and pick exactly what gear you want without going through the other gears. only problem i see with it....

huh? so you just push up and down? you dont have to keep pulling down to shift like 2nd pull down, 3rd pull down some more, 4th pull down even more? or you jsut pull once and it goes back to the up right position? cuz if it keeps going down like pull pull more pull even more then i would slip if there wasnt anything to stop me from pulling down further.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 13 2003, 11:12 PM
what if you are cruising in 5th and have to stop really fast? do you have to hit forward 5 times on the shifter before you are back in nuetral? that and you cant skip gears and pick exactly what gear you want without going through the other gears. only problem i see with it....

put clutch in.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 13 2003, 11:12 PM
what if you are cruising in 5th and have to stop really fast? do you have to hit forward 5 times on the shifter before you are back in neutral? that and you cant skip gears and pick exactly what gear you want without going through the other gears. only problem i see with it....

When you change gears with it, you move it down then it moves back up like it went back into the neutral postion, so you can move it again at the same position, and yes it has an optional indicator to let you know when to shift .

banner_ikeya_formula_shifter.gif

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Nov 13 2003, 11:23 PM
I don't think they developed this for street use, im pretty sure its for drag racing.

ITS FOR STREET USE look at the picture for about 40 seconds it tells you everything. :blink:

ok WELL I STILL WOULDN'T USE IT ON THE STREET! im starting to agree with some of the people on here, you're annoying me now. :usuck: :beat: :fr:

i wouldnt use it for the street well maybe i would to be different but im to use to the H. hell i cant even drive a sequential automatic right on rsx or type S cl and tl.

Originally posted by highperboi@Nov 13 2003, 11:49 PM
i wouldnt use it for the street well maybe i would to be different but im to use to the H. hell i cant even drive a sequential automatic right on rsx or type S cl and tl.

exactly, and thats without using a clutch. You'd still have to use your clutch with this thing.

well no clutch is part of the problem when im driving a auto rsx or type S cl/tl. Im so used to pressing down the clutch to shift but when theres nothing there it throws me off and i dont shift right like i go to early or to late and it just feels wierd. i think the cluctch would make it easier to use.

why are you all saying its only good for drag racing? f-1 cars use sequential trannies. and so do rally cars....

I just wouldn't like the fact I couldn't go straight into neutral.

it would be shitty on the street cuz you couldn't just go in to neutral and its not good on you thrust bearing to hold the clutch in cuz when you disengauge the clutch the crank walks back and rides the bearing. B)

honda guy, you are really annoying. you act like you know everything, shut the fuck up already. thats really dumb to use on the street since you cant go from 5th to neutral right away.... and you arent real cleaver in your comebacks man.

Back