1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Poll On Forced Induction Or N/A

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by brian11to1, Mar 6, 2003.

How should I get my car the air it needs to have 300+Hp

1. 1. All Motor (How?)

100.0%
  2. 2. Turbo Charge it (which brand)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3. Supercharge it (which bra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

I just want to know what the easiest way to get 300+Hp on a 90 Integra LS 4 Door with a B18A1 which if I do decide to force induce my car i will upgrade to a B20 with a reworked head and build bottom end etc. Thanks for you help

2. 2fastaccord

2fastaccord Senior Member

300+hp without forced induction is hard to achieve. The only way I think you will achieve that kind of power without forced induction is with nitrous oxide.

Peace*

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

I don't think you can hit 300 hp (and I hope you're talking power at the flywheel) on a B-series and still have it streetable. It's tough to do with an H-series. Even boring the H22 out to 2.5L might not do it. Calesta, the all-knowing CR/VTEC guru) may have some insight here.

4. rsaeini

rsaeini Senior Member

-N2O is still considered F/I.

A turbo with be a good option for your particular project depending on exactly what you're going to be using the car for.
    If this is going to be a daily driver and you're considering the fuel consumption, go with a supercharger cuz it has a bypass valve that allows the car to be driven like a n/a car under regular accelaration. the boost doesn't kick in until you mash on the gas pedal.
    Having said all that I still say you should get a turbo and set the boost to like 16 pounds and live happily passing everyone on the streets.

5. TRuggiero_

TRuggiero_ Senior Member

I voted all motor, but I didn't see that you wanted 300hp out of it. So I'd say turbo definately, since that's the only option you have. n/a will take way to much money to get it up to 300. s/c? I don't know of a super charger that can make enough hp. So turbo it, and majorly build it, it'll be tough though to get to 300whp and stay street legal.

6. 2 litre EG

2 litre EG Senior Member

ummm no its not... it is not considered F/I

check the NHRA handbook or any other hand book... it is not considered F/I... its only considered a single power adder, no matter how many stage of nitrous you decide to run...

to answer the main question, i would stick with turbo... to get a N/A car to reach 300whp is very hard... Ericks Racing barely did it with his "new set up..."

stick with turbocharging the car, a company i will always back is Rev Hard so if you want check'm out

7. 2 litre EG

2 litre EG Senior Member

Dr Charles Madrid was able to pull out 45? HP out of a b18 powered civic hatchback that ran 10's in the quarter mile.... it is still the fastest supercharged import... and this is from 2 years ago i believe??

if you havent heard of dr charles then think of endyn, he was one of the first people to back up endyn and their claims

8. TRuggiero_

TRuggiero_ Senior Member

Nah, I know of Dr. C. He was the first one to put the K20 into a 6th gen I believe right, or it was just into the other 7th gen's. In any case he was the first to swap a K Series into another chassis. But I haven't ever researched SC's so your more than likely right. But turbo will beat sc hands down. coin for coin of course.

9. 2 litre EG

2 litre EG Senior Member

oh i agree, i prefer turbo over SC anyday... but as for the k series swap, im not too sure about that cause Charles has been missing for quite sometime... last time i talked to him was like a year and a half ago... after that he disappeared outta nowhere...

no one in the scene [out of the people i know] have been able to contact him or anything... im pretty sure he is working on something but no one seems to know... it MIGHT have been him to do the k series swap but i honestly dont know B)

10. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

lol, so did I, I voted all motor then saw you wanted 300hp... :p

11. TRuggiero_

TRuggiero_ Senior Member

Hmm, that's fooken weird. Maybe some sick twisted ricer has kidnapped him and is forcing him to put a K20 into his 4th gen wagon convertible Type-R? I don't remember the link cause first I heard of it was like a year ago. But it's somewhere among the 10 billion web pages on the internet.

12. sleeperls93

sleeperls93 Senior Member

:withstupid:

13. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

That would be Jeff at Import Builders, on my friend's 2001 Civic EX Coupe.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted