A public service announcement to my fellow PSP owners

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
DO NOT BUY SPECTRAL SOULS.

You will only piss yourself off.

This game is plagued by the absolute worst load times I have ever seen on the PSP. Every little thing you do requires "disc access". In combat it's move your character (disc access), select your attacks (disc access), run up to attack (disc access), rear your blade to strike (disc access), deal damage (disc access). Even in conversations in the game the load times slow it down to a crawl. There isn't even any speech!

What makes this so horrible is that the game itself is spectacular. The graphics, music, storyline, combat system, all of them are top notch. NIS is known for making great niche RPGs and tactics games, and this one is no exception. However it is truly disappointing when a game is sentenced to the bargain bin because of something that isn't the game's fault.

(Paid 40 bucks for this game, traded it in for 15. Don't make the same mistake.)

I'm picking up Every Extend Extra this evening. It's done by the same guy who made Lumines (that game is more addictive than crack). Every review site gives it spectacular scores, saying it is one of the most unique games to come out in a long time.

I'll put up a quick review and let you know if it's worth the 30 bucks.

Back