A Question about P28 ECU.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Utrax42

95 D16Z6 Just swapped into 92 DX. I wired vtec with my own wire and homemade connectors. Nobody flip, I've been through every step in my Haynes repair manual, did some research, and I'm still confused on one step.

My CEL code 22 is on...Vtec & Control Pressure Switch

So I went through every troubleshooting step and everything passed with flying colors except for...

Step 31: With the ignition still in the On position, measure the voltage across the blue/black and brown/black terminals of the oil pressure switch harness. Note:On some models the brown/black wire may be a solid black wire. There should be approximately 12-volts, if not, repair the open in the brown/black wire.

Am I supposed to check for the 12 volts at the male pins on the solenoid, or the two wires running from the ecu? I'm not getting 12v from either. The two wires do come up with a Very Small voltage. So I decided to run all the way back to the ecu. I tested for 12V directly at the ecu pins A4 & D6, one test lead on each, and again got a Very Small voltage. Is something wrong with my ecu? The ignition Was on.
Thanks ^_^

Z6code22_Page_1.jpg

Z6code22_Page_2.jpg

Z6code22_Page_3.jpg

Z6code22_Page_4.jpg

Thanks. I fixed the code 22 :)
I'm now getting a code 21, but only when I'm driving and get into the vtec rpm range. Once I turn the car off and back on it goes away. It feels like vtec hits but stops when the light comes on. Any ideas? I'm thinking oil pressure. Oil level is full and oil is basically new.
Between the 1p connector and ground I'm getting about 20ohms with ignition on. Any ideas? I checked last night and the screens are both clean.

Thank you sir. I'm guessing my ghetto wiring is causing the problem, or else the solenoid passageways are partially clogged. Thanks for the info!

Back