a question for Pills??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kell211

i read your article on converting a auto p28 to manual, and i'm getting ready to attempt it. this will get the ecu to quite throwing the code 19, correct? is there any thing else i need to know before getting started? or is it, just pull the wire in rp17 out (and remove it altogether, or do you hook it back somewhere), and put a jumper between rp17 and and rp18. is this correct? or do i have anything wrong? thanks for the hlep.

i took my computer apart, and here's what i found. rp17 has a resistor, which i need to desolder and remove. but, on rp18 there is a resistor already across it. what do i need to do with this?? is this the "jumper" already soldered there, i guess by the previous owner? or do i need to remove this resistor and just solder a wire jumping across there??

remove rp18 and replace with jumper wire to be safe, leave alone if you feel adventurous.

will it work the same with the resistor across there as with a jumper wire? the resistor looks factory, is it?

yo if you still have that question heres what you do 1 remove the resistor on rp17 then remove the resistor on rp18 and then install a jumper on rp18 thats it have phun, if you ever wanna chip that bad boy like pills says not to let me know will do for cheap.

thanks for all the info. i took it all apart and got i back together tonight. i haven't got a chance to take it out for a drive, but i started it up and the code 19 is gone. all i have to do know is find out where to put this iat sensor and i'll be cel free.

Back