A question i can't find an answer to...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
Ok, so like 4 years ago i had an 89 prelude, i was an avid member of preludepower.com
While i was there i learned that the little plastic pop-outs in the center console were for heated seats option.
I also have those little plastic panel pop-outs in my in my 95 civic center console.
(and i think every other Honda has them as well)
The question is where the hell are the heated seats for a 95 civic/integra?
Do they exist, or was it a 'we thought about offering it' type thing?
I'm not sure i posted this in the right forum but i am really tired of googling for information on it and getting nowhere.
Maybe some of you overseas or canadian guys can help out?
The only heated seat info i can find was that they were in the 96 Acura 1.6EL in canada.
:unsure:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
..... <_< ............ :p :lol:
Seriously, someone must know.

no heated seats were ever made to my knowledge.

what trim level do you have? some of those things are for sunroof buttons and such

Nah b, i have the Ex, and i dont mean the switches on the dash,all my slots are full.
They are next to the e-brake... one on each side
I'm sure they're there for some reason... most likely heated seats.. but i can't find them anywhere :(

I think this whole "Heated Seat" thing is a figment of your imagination. I never heard of even Preludes with heated seats. Shit, Acuras didn't have heated seats until the krauts put them there.

I'd more akin to think they are seat belt releases for automatic seatbelts as required in another country. Like, no USDM car will have them.

Originally posted by Celerity+Sep 18 2005, 08:08 PM-->
I think this whole "Heated Seat" thing is a figment of your imagination. I never heard of even Preludes with heated seats. Shit, Acuras didn't have heated seats until the krauts put them there.

I'd more akin to think they are seat belt releases for automatic seatbelts as required in another country. Like, no USDM car will have them.
[post=556405]Quoted post[/post]​

okay, so ummm.... is this guy a figment of my imagination:

hcivic.com

some cars have it as an option up here

or do you just not believe him?

Have you popped one out and looked? I'd be willing to bet that its just bolt access plates.

Nah, they aren't bolt access plates...

I know what you're talking about, and I haven't the slightest idea. I think they're there so that ricer jackass kids can have somewhere to mount their toggle switches for their neons.

:shrug2:

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Sep 18 2005, 07:26 AM
the answer is 42.
[post=556211]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: I just watched that tonight

my god...people thought that i was insane for seeing that movie opening day...."Hitchhiker's what?"

Oh well, it wasnt that good IMO...i slept through it with my gf (yeah thats how bored i was) books were soooo much better.

Excellent, :(
Someone call Honda in JayPan and ask.
I wanna know :(
Nah, they aren't bolt access plates...

I know what you're talking about, and I haven't the slightest idea. I think they're there so that ricer jackass kids can have somewhere to mount their toggle switches for their neons.

and Lmao!
That's all i ever see in those slots, is light-toggle switches.
I mean, sure it's a good place for a switch, but im sure something musta went there, or been available to go there?

most cars have a pop out plate for putting switches, fog lights, cell phone wires, navi, whatever... hell, old trucks had those blanks for 4wd buttons if it was a 2wd model.

Then this whole time the miseducation at preludepower.com has left me thinking they actually offered a heated seat to certain world regions in most hondas.
I am sad.
:(
i would :wub: a heated seat for when i move to michigan in a couple months...

Get some old junk-yard seats from an american car, remove the heater coils and wiring, wire up a switch and presto - Heated seats.

my Toyotas have heated seats, which is a vent that points at your crotch, and blows hot air on your package.

the 4Runner can damn near burn you.

Wait a sec, you're a Phoenix native, moving to Michigan in the winter ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Good luck with that !

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 19 2005, 12:05 PM
Wait a sec, you're a Phoenix native, moving to Michigan in the winter ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Good luck with that !
[post=556653]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: I moved from central Illinois (where the weather can become quite shitty at times) to Michigan in the middle of winter, and it was a shock for me, so I'm sure it will be that much worse for you man...

Back