1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Question

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by lsvtec, Jun 10, 2003.

1. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

In my psych class one of the interpreters for a deaf woman in the class keeps telling me that he wants to buy my car. I thought at first that he was joking, but he seems to be pretty serious. I love this car, I have put a ton of time and money into making it the way it is and I am not done with it yet. Not to say that I do not have my price (everyone does) but I want to know what you all think I should ask for it. Here are some pics I took last weekend:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A list of mods:
    Engine:
    Short Ram Intake, Skunk2 Intake Manifold, DC Sports 4-2-1 2 piece ceramic header, Pacesetter Hi Flo Cat, Custom 2.5" exhaust, B16A head, 94 GSR distro, 2001 Spec ITR cams, Skunk2 Valves, Skunk2 Valve springs and retainers, inlinefour.com bronze valve guides, B18A1 bottom end bored to 81.5mm, Eagle rods, Endyn 11.5:1 compression 81.5mm pistons, Endyn Rings, polished crank, new bearings, new gaskest, new seals, and reciepts for all mahine work/parts on the car. Engine was rebuilt in January and has 5000 miles on it. It was broken in on Napa Natural Oil and has run Red Line Synthetic since, used Napa Gold (Wics) filters since the build. 2001 ITR clutch and pressure plate with 7000 miles on it, Clutchmasters 8.5lbs Aluminum flywheel (went int the same tiem as ITR clutch). YS1 LS transmission with 80000 miles on it has run only Honda MTF.

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
    Koni Yellow Adj. Shocks with H&R Race Springs, 94 GSR wheels with 4 Yokohama AVS ES 100 tires, all with 85-90% tread remaining (purchased 5000 miles ago), www.fastbrakes.com 11" brake kit with 4 pot Wilwood Superlite calipers. Hawk HPS pads with 6000 Miles on them. I have a second set of Rotors and updated mounting hardwareto go on when the pads are changed next. Goodridge Stainless steel brake lines on all four corners, stock rotors/calibpers in back with new Raybestes pads. Motul RBF DOT 4+ brake fluid, master cylinder replaced 10,000 miles ago. Progress front camber kit, washers in the rear.

Exterior:
    Honda badges, JDM 1 piece headlights, painted moldings. The paint job is a little rough (it was done by Maaco need I say more...) but it doesn't look too bad (see pics).

Interior:
    1 Corbeau non-adjustable seat with Simpson 5 point harness. (I still have the stock units in my basement) Indiglo gauges, generic short shifter and knob. Otherwise the interior is stock. mats are showing some wear (they are 10 years old).

Stereo:
    Sony Xplod deck (same on that B has in his Sol) Kenwood Satelite tweeters and 4" mids in front. Sony Xplod 3 way (stock size) in back. 2 10" Rockford subs in generic box, Sonny Xplod 4 channel Amp. (2 channels to subs, 2 to interior speakers).

This chassis has a clean Carfax.

What do you guys think? Do I sell it? If so what should I ask?

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

:eek: :huh: :blink:

3. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

I'd sell it for the newer body style, just because of my personal preference. Depends how much the ol' girl is worth to you. It's definitely a nice rig.

4. lsvtec

It would have to be going to a good home. If I find that this guy is some kind of ricer then there is no way. :)

The way I see it is I am not looking to sell so if he wants to buy it he has to make it worth my while.

Cars I would be into if this one sells are 94-95 GSR, any ITR, EK Hatch + swap, or a 240SX (the newest body style)

5. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

That's a sweet car. :thumbsup: Only problem is, it's only worth something to one of us! :p I'm sure that most people don't realize the amount of effort and planning it tkes to build a car like that. I'm sure you want much more than most people are willing to spend on a 10 year old car. (older I'm sure) I think you should hold out for what you want for it, unless this guy is waving big cash in your face! :D

6. lsvtec

It is 10 this year :)
    He hasn't made an acutal offer, but I did make it clear that I don't think anyone is willing to pay what I want for it. The $4500 that kbb.com lists is way too low. :)
    I should mention that the car is a 1993 LS, and it has 129,XXX miles on the chassis.

7. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Honestly, if I were you- I wouldn't be asking anything less than $10k for it. You put a LOT of time and effort into it, it looks like it's in really good shape, and it will outperform and outhandle almost everything out there that's significantly more expensive. It IS a 10 year old car, but it's your baby.

8. lsvtec

The time and effort (blood, sweat, and tears) involved is a major point. I was thinking if he offers $12K+ I would take it. Shit for that I can get a 94-95 GSR, and build a bottom end around an LS crank. I could almost put a newer GSR to the same level as this car for that much. But like I said he is going to have to make it worth my while and give this car a good home.

9. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

10. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Very true. Talk to him. get his intentions, then get his price. I still like the 2G Integra front end better though. You could go with a JDM ITR conversion on the 3G.

:lol:

11. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

Dude, if you sell your car there will be one less member rocking the 2nd gen teg, and there isnt many of us to start with, plus with all the work that has gone into the car its worth way more then kbb says it is. Just my .02

12. lsvtec

I agree with you about the Gen 2 front end. The JDM ITR front end would be on the list if I got a newer GSR. I intend to talk to him either tomorrow or Monday unless my girlfriend really wants to talk me out of it. :)

It is, but I figure that I am not in the market to sell so if he wants to buy he has to make me want to sell. That would make me want to sell because I figure I am getting some compensation for the work I have put into the car.

I'll always be into the Gen 2's. There is no way I would take less than $10K for it, forget about $4500. I have that invested in parts alone (I don't want to think about that :) ) But I would be stupid to turn down the chance at starting a new project with around $4K to play with.

13. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

14. lsvtec

I am going to pretend you are joking. Even if you aren't, humor me. :)
    I don't care for they way they look, and I don't like the feel of the interior.

I would also take a WRX STi when they get here, unfortunately there is no way I could afford one.

15. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

Nah, if you got what you want for the car, I'd find something other than a mustang. A downpayment on an STi or Evo would be nice.

16. lsvtec

I'm just giving you a little shit. :D

But I really do find the seats uncomfortable.

As I am still in school I could not afford the payments/insurance on a new EVO or STi (I would go for the STi) so my list of choices stands at:
    A 97 EK Hatch I found in Alb for $3500 bone stock. This would get an ITR engine.
    94-95 GSR coupe, I don't know what I would do to this one. Probably start with suspension this time. :)
    The newest body style 240SX (gee I wonder what could go in there...)

All of these of hypothetical of course. The whole deal is pending on whether or not this guy will give me what I want for this car. If not I am perfectly happy to continue driving my Gen 2.

17. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

95 240 SE = 45-5500 ish

sr20, 2500

roasting the piss out of your itr, or ek with itr swap for less money, and a drift machine, priceless.

18. lsvtec

I'll skip on the drift machine part. Call me what you will, but drifting doesn't interest me at all. However the SR20DET powered 240 is high on the list for sure. Again assuming that this guy is willing to pay me what I would take for my Teg. Which I seriously doubt. Though the thought of 400hp capable internals, stock is very exciting. :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted