A relaxing Sunday Drive in the Mountains!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenCRX

Last Sunday I took my 4Runner that I bought last November on her maiden voyage to the mountains. My girlfriend Lyndsey, my doggie Bailey, and some more of my family(ie: Brothers and cousins) went wheeling up Slaughterhouse. It's a 4x4 trail up I-70 past Conifer.

Since I bought the truck I have lifted it 4"(suspension) and put 33" Mud Rovers on it. It has IFS, so it likes to lift wheels! :mrgreen: Enjoy the pictures.

Baileys ready to go!
CIMG0986small.jpg

Airing down the hoops.
CIMG0991small.jpg

Bailey digs the open space.
CIMG1004small.jpg

The Puppy and I.
CIMG1030small.jpg

Let's get wheelin!
CIMG1041small.jpg

CIMG1042small.jpg

CIMG1057small.jpg

Bailey said we should go in the mud.
CIMG1061small.jpg

I said Ok!
CIMG1063small.jpg

CIMG1066small.jpg

Couldn't quite make it up though. :cry:
CIMG1070small.jpg

A little tire lift action...
CIMG1072small.jpg

CIMG1094small.jpg

And this ledge did NOT look that steep when I started driving up to it. I almost tipped.
CIMG1096small.jpg

All in all, an EXTREMELY fun day! It's definetly going to be a new hobby of mine, and I have already started looking into a Solid Front Axle Swap.

Mmmm... 4Runners are money, and that 22-RE is a tank to say the least. If you go solid axle make sure you get it out of an 85, little bit beefier and less troubles. I had an 89 Pickup w/ 33's and a 4" lift, detroit front and rear and 4.10's... couldn't stick it if I tried. Rock on for the Yota's.

MVC-011S.JPG

Its clean, which was uncommon, but here she is.

can't wait to get my cherokee lifted so i can go play. i went all over the dunes down in mexico on stock suspension and tires, but i couldn 't race guys up the main hill like i wanted to. +5.5" and 33"s should fix that problem though

I heard you needed a lot more than 5.5" to clear 33's on a Cherokee, their wheel wells are just so constricting. But hey, a sawsall and some spare blades and you dont need a lift at all :)

Edit: Guess not, just did some research on the 5.5"... rock on.

Quoted post[/post]]
I heard you needed a lot more than 5.5" to clear 33's on a Cherokee, their wheel wells are just so constricting. But hey, a sawsall and some spare blades and you dont need a lift at all :)

Edit: Guess not, just did some research on the 5.5"... rock on.
you can put 33s on a stock cherokee... but itll rub.

4inch susp is all thats needed for 33x12.50s

I miss my 4Runner so badly. I miss Colorado Mountains even more.

My goal now is to build up the Brat to be the occasional off-roader.

I was into going offroad with the 4runner for a while, but then after a while we used the truck to get us to the hiking trails and then went off for hours-long walks.

That's the new intent with the brat.

You guys both have that same look like yeah we just dominated that shit.

what type of dog? looks similar to a jack russel but much bigger i dunno.

CIMG1061small.jpg

Sweet Runner! I used to have an '86. Loved that thing, and ran like a champ to 286k. Got t-boned, and sold it for $1k. I miss that thing.. it was my first car. :cry:

lol.

Quoted post[/post]]
You guys both have that same look like yeah we just dominated that shit.

what type of dog? looks similar to a jack russel but much bigger i dunno.

CIMG1061small.jpg
She is actually and American Bulldog/German Shepard/Husky Mix. LOL! Yea, that's because we did DOMINATE that shit!! :lol!

Quoted post[/post]]
Sweet Runner! I used to have an '86. Loved that thing, and ran like a champ to 286k. Got t-boned, and sold it for $1k. I miss that thing.. it was my first car. :cry:

lol.
Thanks! Ya, it's an awesome truck and so far has done EVERYTHING that I've wanted it to. Mine just clocked 200k like two weeks ago. It's at like 200787 now or something! Running perfect!

Nice truck, I wish I had the balls to offorad my Silverado, but its tough to risk fucking up a black paint job on a truck with a 39k sticker on it.

Where are the pics of the gf?

Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man. . . I can't WAIT till I get back for some of that shit. Rock on for the 81 22R with 31's!

I've still got a TON of Toyota 22RE stuff for sale, and lots of 4Runner parts too. I got the roof, engine, another built head, rollbar, 33" tires on rims, a front grille and a complete and newly upholstered grey interior :)

I have 2 doors and a tailgate with glass too. fuel filter, starters, you name it.

I even have a complete roof panel with the sunroof glass. Ready to be welded in (with grey headliner). I'm noticin' you guys don't have a sunroof.

Quoted post[/post]]
I've still got a TON of Toyota 22RE stuff for sale, and lots of 4Runner parts too. I got the roof, engine, another built head, rollbar, 33" tires on rims, a front grille and a complete and newly upholstered grey interior :)

I have 2 doors and a tailgate with glass too. fuel filter, starters, you name it.

I even have a complete roof panel with the sunroof glass. Ready to be welded in (with grey headliner). I'm noticin' you guys don't have a sunroof.
I will probably be getting in contact with you at some point for some stuff, I plan on having this beast of mine for a long time to come. But for now I'm broke and all of my money is going to the CRX. Cars suck!

Quoted post[/post]]

Me too. :) Do you happen to have anything for the 22R, non-performance related? I am planning on giving my beast a pretty good tune up before I start driving it all over the place. I need interior pieces too. Anyone know where I can find interiors for the 81? Oh man, and wiring in a cd player is going to be a BITCH, I don't think I'm even going to attemt it. I'll just get one installed somewhere most likely.

Quoted post[/post]]
I will probably be getting in contact with you at some point for some stuff, I plan on having this beast of mine for a long time to come. But for now I'm broke and all of my money is going to the CRX. Cars suck!

I take trades too

Me too. Do you happen to have anything for the 22R, non-performance related? I am planning on giving my beast a pretty good tune up before I start driving it all over the place. I need interior pieces too. Anyone know where I can find interiors for the 81? Oh man, and wiring in a cd player is going to be a BITCH, I don't think I'm even going to attemt it. I'll just get one installed somewhere most likely.

Wiring a CD player isn't too tough - you have to run your own rear speakers. I have nothing -meant- for the 81, but I do have a nice 20R head here with just P&P, 3 angle and tighter springs. It's attached to the 22R block now, but I'll part out if thats how it will sell. (The fuel pump, however, is blocked off, and should find a home in a performance build). My wheels and tires will also fit. lemme know if you guys want pics.

I have to wire in speakers period. There are none in my door panels, and there's a hole in my dash. He had a CD player hooked up before, so it may be ready for one, but I'll at least need the harness. I don't know much about installing cd playes, and although I could probably figure it out, I'd rather not screw it up. I might find a friend or someone that can help me. The guy had some KC lights wired in to the cd wires, and I want to re-wire those to the headlights and clean up the wiring job a bit. When I do my tune up, I will get back to you on the Head. Depends on how things look under the hood once I get to it. I have to wait till late June, when I get back from South Korea. I'm not sure on the wheels and tires, since my 31's are brand new, and I would have clearance issues with the 33's without a lift. I don't know if I will lift it or not. But I will definitely keep your stuff in mind.

Fuck you. :p Sorry, but I don't check HS enough out here in Spain to remember to check my own thread.

Back