A reverse of the scam thats been running around

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Alright well there was a nice looking eclipse gsx on autotrader, show quality car with like 85k on the car for only $4500. Its listed 41 miles from me so I email the guy to find out if the price was misprinted or if everythings for real...which seemed too good to be real and I got this email back.

Re: cars.com used car lead for Serena #6978744 Trash
New window
Print
Sponsored Links
VIN Search, Car History
Carbuyingtips.com used car buying guide, VIN# vehicle history reports
www.carbuyingtips.com
Free VIN Record Check
Get a free VIN record check to see available vehicle history reports.
www.dmv.org
CARFAX VIN Check
Get a CARFAX History Report. Know What the Dealers Know.
www.carfax.com
About these links

acerliner@aol.com
to me
More options 1:21pm (1½ hours ago)
External images are not displayed. Display External Images
Hello,
This is 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX TURBO HIGH PERFORMANCE!

Miles : 85410

Become the second owner of this well-kept automobile. This vehicle has been verified and sworn to having the correct mileage. The body of this vehicle is in great condition - there is no collision damage. This vehicle was taken care of so well that there is not even a door ding on the exterior. This is one fine looking, garage kept vehicle. This vehicle has a smooth shifting transmission, and runs great. The engine on this vehicle is clean like it was a show car. This vehicle has every option in it working properly. There are no reported manufacturer defects on this vehicle. I have took great care of this vehicle's exterior. This is a clean vehicle with a beautiful interior. The tread life is greater than 75% - lots of life left.

Here are some pics. As you can see, the car is in MINT CONDITION, hardly used. I will wait your soon reply if you're interested in it. I must tell you that i'm with business in Europe (Italy, Roma). I'll be staying here for another 16 monthes(at least), this is why i'm selling the car for such a cheap price, besides, i'm in a very great need of time and money. I do not arrange for local pick up. The vehicle will be shipped as soon as funds are attained. I will use a special delivery service unde FedEx's guidance (i will cover all the shipping taxes and insurance, as i have a signed contract with FedEx). The car is in the USA of course.

RETURN POLICY
As soon as the car arrives, you will test it and if it does not match 100% to your
expectations, you will return it in max. 8 days since the arrival date. In this case I will send you the full amount back and you will send me the car in the same shape you've received it.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. : The total amount will be 4500USD, shipping taxes are included in this price.

Feel free to spam the hell out of this retard's email.

He must've listed it where he did because 41miles from me is basically NYC. I guess he's trolling to rip people off there.

Apparently he probably though he'd have a buyer or someone was onto him so he yanked the ad from cars.com

I got the same thing the other day on a new M3 for $7500

Originally posted by brc80@Nov 3 2004, 03:29 PM
I got the same thing the other day on a new M3 for $7500
[post=411383]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol well that takes the cake, but this car was listed for $4500 and worth probably around 10-12k depending on whether people would buy it because its a DSM or not.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 3 2004, 03:46 PM
if its 41 miles away why dont you go see it in person?
[post=411405]Quoted post[/post]​

I was planning on it, but its obviously a scam so I'm not going to.

It says the email that he doesnt show the car in person, which drove the nail into the coffin that it was a scam.

"I do not arrange for local pick up. The vehicle will be shipped as soon as funds are attained."

go anyway. get his addy, knock on the door and say you wanna see the car thats for sale

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 3 2004, 09:20 PM
go anyway. get his addy, knock on the door and say you wanna see the car thats for sale
[post=411643]Quoted post[/post]​

The scammers normally are based out of Nigeria. I'm sure it'll be a false address and I dont want to bug any innocent citizen or take his time.

www.scambaiters.com has pictures of these fucks.

if something is listed as you stated, if someone would really give that guy money for it, they might as well deserve it for being that dumb not to see it is a scam. I mean really, who would be that STUPID to fall for some bullshit like that?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 4 2004, 11:30 AM
actually, most scammers and hackers are from brazil.
[post=412018]Quoted post[/post]​

if you've ever worked for the ip relay service (www.ip-relay.com) which is used for the deaf to communicate, all they get all day long is people from nigeria trying to use either fake or stolen credit cards to buy mass amounts of random shit.
i wont argue what you've said, because ive never heard anything about brazil, but i know nigeria is well known for scams

why the fuck would a deaf service get calls from people trying to buy shit with stolen credit cards?

im not saying you're bs'ing...im just curious

why the fuck would a deaf service get calls from people trying to buy shit with stolen credit cards?

im not saying you're bs'ing...im just curious

If you ever have to speak with one, you will understand. Not anything twords the deaf, but that is a pain in the ass. After each sentence you say, you must finish it with "Go Ahead". 5 minutes into the call your so annoyed that youlll pratically give the store away to get them off.

Allow me to explain the WONDERS of IP-Relay... seeing as how I just recently got fired...
Go to www.ip-relay.com (this can be done from anywhere on the globe mind you) amd call some random jewelry store that ships over seas. Hey look, you have a fake/stolen credit card to use. Order a large amount of "men's chains in yellow gold the thickest and longest you have" and tell them to ship it to Nigeria [I have come to find out through my massive logic in my head that these fucks are actually from England] then, make sure it's SAME OR NEXT DAY shipping. Now, once the order is shipped out... cancel the transaction... but, don't put that credited money back on my card... just uh, yeah... put it in this bank account in England.
If you DIDN'T catch any of that... just go ahead and PM me, I'll answer any and all Relay related questions. Oh... relay...
Relay: www.ip-relay.com You type, the operator says EXACTLY what you type. The person you call talks, the operator types WORD FOR WORD what that person said... to you. Pretty simple really. But this is how people over seas can screw our economy.
:lolhammer:

Back