A true geek find

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

...that means absolutly nothing to me.....is like me reading chinese....aint gonna happen, what is that?

An assembler for the SNES processor, if you know the assembly language for it (documentation looks like it comes with the assembler) you could write your own stuff for the SNES.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I can run Linux on my Dreamcast- wanna try it on the SNES Eric? :lmao:

Actually...

With this assembler it shouldn't be too hard, I wonder if anyone has a C to this assembly compiler. Time to hit freshmeat again.

Originally posted by TDaddy@Jan 28 2004, 07:58 PM
And this is of value why?? :blink:

It's not, that is the point. You do it because you can.

That is why the free software world is as diverse as it is.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 28 2004, 01:59 AM
Go for it. I want to see this happen! :D :D :D

damn, I got nothing.

I am not real interested in learning another assembly, writing assembly is teh suxor.

Assembly = blowz chun><0rz

Just wait- someone will do it within a month or two. :lol:

Maybe I should go pick up another Dreamcast or three and run an unhackable web server or two... Redhat boot from a CD, then have all the web stuff on there. Hmmm...

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 28 2004, 11:55 PM
Maybe I should go pick up another Dreamcast or three and run an unhackable web server or two... Redhat boot from a CD, then have all the web stuff on there. Hmmm...

I'd love to know where you're getting so many Dreamcast ethernet adapters for that... I've been looking everywhere for one... They're so darn rare

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 25 2004, 08:38 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I can run Linux on my Dreamcast- wanna try it on the SNES Eric? :lmao:

they also just came out with linux for the PS2 with the new HDD for the PS2

Originally posted by DarkHand+Jan 29 2004, 11:10 AM-->
@Jan 28 2004, 11:55 PM

I'd love to know where you're getting so many Dreamcast ethernet adapters for that... I've been looking everywhere for one... They're so darn rare

Really? I used to see them on eBay and on Sega's site all the time- even a year after the DC was axed.

Back