1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A worthy pair of cams?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by The Bean, Jan 28, 2013.

1. The Bean

The Bean New Member

Hey peeps,im new to the site and id like some input on a pair of cams and valve springs that I could intall in my stock motor to help with midrange and top End tourque and hp. Its an H22a with a three inch catback/hytech replica header/aem c.a.i. also with distributor and fuel upgrades as well. With so many manufactures out there is the choosing part thats difficult for me. lol

2. newb

newb phresh VIP

Stock intake manifold? What upgraded fuel system components?

Without a decent manifold you cant really take advantage of bigger cams amd more fuel. So Id look for something pretty mild.

3. The Bean

The Bean New Member

Intake manifold is stock but im also looking into that as well.As for fuel ive got a walbro 255 pump/ aem fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator.Injectors are stock. Im actually looking to get an i.m. from blacktrax but havent made my mind up as yet

4. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

has this car been tuned, or running stock ecu? even with what you already have, tuning would be beneficial... after adding cams, valvetrain, and a better intake manifold, you will certainly need dyno tuning. as far as cams, i would not try to get too wild with a stock compression motor.

5. The Bean

The Bean New Member

Car has bin tuned by Fred from HorsePowerConnection two years back and im running a P28 with the S300 intstalled. Im located in the Carribean and fortunenately someone was kind enough to ship a dyno here. But that was then. Now its like trying to find a decent tuner to get a proper street tune.............What about the Rbc intake setup on the H22A? Is it worth it? Cause im definately considering!!!!!!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted