A Z for B....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No florida car should be rusted. Pass.

Besides what is with you trying to assimilate people ?!

Fuck that, I'd take it with the rust

I don't remember the last time I had a car WITHOUT rust

Rust is fixable....or the shell is replaceable...items on that car will swap to another shell with no problem.

don't have 5 grand, y0
don't have spring break, y0
don't trust it on a 2000 mile trip, y0

:p

I would...but nah, too much to do around the house, Thursday is the deciding day, since Hoffa is coming, and if nothing happens after that, then possible, monday...I know a lot of guys that will cross the line, infact one guy is crossing this week. Big rich corporations can't see the little work force, and replacement workers are cheaper than dealing with the unions, plus they can relocate the factory on a whim...My options are very wide spread, I can do anything, but I would prefer to just have what I had before this shit started. It just yanks my chain...I had a huge tax return, a chance for 3 weeks of pay, another 2K's for just a ratification, and a few more sorces for money all at once. I could have bought a really built car, and enough tires for it this year, and fix up the house some more...but 3 weeks with out pay is going to hurt, and the 4th week will start pressing the crunch...too bad I have to use all that money to just get by. :cry:

Hey maybe another company will hear about your plight, or log into some car forums and read about it, and they will offer you a job for more money !

My brief resume:

F-15 C/D Crew Chief, can swap an F100 engine in and out of the engine bay, with a full inspection of the airframe, cleaned, re-inspected by someone else, with zero defects, and the fresh engine in the aircraft in 4 hours. That also includes me towing it to the run-up pad and testing each stage of afterburner, then unhooking it, and getting it back to it's spot with a full preflight inspection and re-fueled and ready to go by the end of my shift.

Cessna's....full annual inspection done and put back together in two days, unless there was something to be fixed. Engine change if needed...

Piper's....pop out, repair or replace the wing spar in 3 days. Full engine dismantle and reassymboly in a week. Engine change time 4 hours.

Beechcraft B-100's...full 50 hour inspection done in a day. Hot section inspection done in another day for one engine. Replace the engine in 5 hours.

Sik H60...full preflight 6 hours, engine change in 4 hours, MRH change in 1 day

Sik S-92...same as above, but also, I can fully fab and install the interior in 3 days.

But...the thing that takes time...is for the parts to get to me, I got to troubleshoot what parts are neaded, and wait...and wait...and wait. Then pull up the maintenace manuals, and still wait on parts. The once the parts are there, I have to inspect them, and get someone else to inspect my inspection, install them, and get someone to inspect my installation, and test...I got to test them, and get somebody to re-test them after I do it. So all that time waiting on the parts, and for the inspectors...takes time...so that time I'm bored off my ass, and have nothing to do...so I'm on the internet when I'm at work.

If I put my work ethics towards my cars, they would be done, running, and beating the shit out of anything out there...but no parts, I can't afford them. So I have to re-fab old parts, tweek them, and test them.

also..since they are my cars, and I'm not getting payed to work on them, then whats the point of getting them together?

But the Z is finally in the garage for it's rebuild... :ph34r:

now that I have time... :p

Brief ego stroking: Complete
Reassessment of personal problems: Complete
Justification of why you aren't doing anything: Complete
Waiting for someone to take notice and knock on the door to hire you : In Progress.

Back