1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A20A Engine swap?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Qthestuntman, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Qthestuntman

Qthestuntman New Member

I have a 1988 accord with 156k. I changed the transmission from auto to a 5 speed about 7 months ago. The piston rings are starting to go (who does't like redline shifts:D). So here is the question. Should I do an engine swap for a EFI? Or rebuild what I have in it right now (carb).

2. 1_jdmcrx

1_jdmcrx New Member

i cant rember who makes them but there are b series mount kits out there if u wanna go that way.if u just wanna go a20 efi there is alot of stuff u have to do its a pain inthe ass.the whole car harness is different.i had a 88 dx and my cuz had a 89 sei and we comparied it was a lot of shit if u wanna go a20efi find a sei or lxi and get the whole harness(body and engine) and gas tank.i say if your gonna do all that work just go b or u can put the b20 from the lude in it.thats what came in it in japan

3. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

H series and f series engines weren't introduced in the accord and prelude bodystyles untill 1990. The A series engine can be swapped for the early prelude motors which are designated b20a#(not like the common integra b series engines) and although mount kits are available for h/f series swaps into these body styles they are not suggested for beginners. I suggest a newer b series engine also because wiring is simple on these motors and there is more room to work with then h series.

4. Qthestuntman

Qthestuntman New Member

After doing some of my own research, I have decided to buy a new project car (some thing that people make more stuff for). Any Suggestions? I was thinking of a late 90s civic or a delsol.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted