A20A Engine swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Qthestuntman

I have a 1988 accord with 156k. I changed the transmission from auto to a 5 speed about 7 months ago. The piston rings are starting to go (who does't like redline shifts:D). So here is the question. Should I do an engine swap for a EFI? Or rebuild what I have in it right now (carb).

i cant rember who makes them but there are b series mount kits out there if u wanna go that way.if u just wanna go a20 efi there is alot of stuff u have to do its a pain inthe ass.the whole car harness is different.i had a 88 dx and my cuz had a 89 sei and we comparied it was a lot of shit if u wanna go a20efi find a sei or lxi and get the whole harness(body and engine) and gas tank.i say if your gonna do all that work just go b or u can put the b20 from the lude in it.thats what came in it in japan

H series and f series engines weren't introduced in the accord and prelude bodystyles untill 1990. The A series engine can be swapped for the early prelude motors which are designated b20a#(not like the common integra b series engines) and although mount kits are available for h/f series swaps into these body styles they are not suggested for beginners. I suggest a newer b series engine also because wiring is simple on these motors and there is more room to work with then h series.

After doing some of my own research, I have decided to buy a new project car (some thing that people make more stuff for). Any Suggestions? I was thinking of a late 90s civic or a delsol.

Back