A4: 2.8 or 1.8T

A4: 2.8 or 1.8T performance wise

• Audi A4 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

performance wise is meant couple thousand of dollars not all out race car.

having driven both I would pick the 6 cyl. because of the powerband.

The turbo is kind of laggy before 4k rpm and for everyday driving the 2.8 is better.
But for performance upgrades, the 1.8T might be an easier platform to beef-up.

which model years are you looking at?

Having been an Audi/VW guy for years Ill pass on my knowledge. 2.8 is great for just daily driver etc, dont reall bother to much on hooking it up, it does get very expensive. But cams and schrick intake manifold... thats just amazing. But its $$$. Now the 1.8t, hands down is one of the best motors if not the best that VW has produced. Drop a 1k in it and well lets say your gaining at least 70hp. Just a chip is good for 40, then a turbo back exhaust can net you near 30. Just an idea for ya, if your modifying it at all go for the1.8t if its just your commuter for a girlfriend get the 2.8. ;)

:werd:

The 1.8T is a beast once you start modding it. Just make sure you get the manual transmission (6 speed if possible)- that really helps the turbo spool up faster because of the shorter gear ratios.

1.8 all the way it is the best bang for the buck

now for all out power I believe the 2.8 would make more power in the end but it would cost you major money and a total rebuild from the ground up

even if you were to use a stock 2.8 and turbo or supercharge it you have no idea how hard it is to work on "room wise" there is NOOOOO room

s3fcc303b222f8.jpg

just remember in order to replace the front rubber mount "11 buck part" I had to do this...

s3fe00cdd02721.jpg

p.s this is still not fully apart I had to pull the WHOLE front end away from the chassis rad/fan/crossmember/bumper EVERYTHING just for one stinkin mount

1.8 would be much eaiser to work on due to extra room also the aftermaket support is great

Back