a6 block y8 head. which arp head studs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just put in a 95y8 vtec on a 97 honda ivic dx :pand now that i got my car back everything seems okay except 3rd gear grinds a loittle bit it gshifts fine but it grinds a little what can this be please help

Try making your own thread, my friend. Thread jacking is frowned upon. Also, try searching around the site. Best of luck to you. :thumbsup:

just an update. i called arp just a second ago and they tried helping. but they can only cross reference bolt lengths and sizes and whatnot, so they weren't the greatest help. he did say that there were like a 3/4" difference between the a6 and y8 stud lenghts, same diameter and everything else though. i'm probably going to just buy the special kit for this setup from lightning motorsports, the link is below. hopefully the guy that i bought my y8 kit from will let me return it. i have have his number and email address, so the harassment shall begin lol. thanks for the help and everything guys, i greatly appreciate it all
http://shopping.lightningmotorsports.com/customer/product.php?productid=2007&cat=227&page=1

Last edited:
Contact Lightning Motorsport. They'll have exactly what you need; ARP doesn't make a kit that'll work with the Mini-me's, but Lightning Motorsport has pieced together "mini-me" sets from the A6/Z6 and Y8 kits.

Great job helping out, K2e2vin. That link will help me out later on down the road as well. Rep! :thumbsup:

thanks for the post yall... i'd have been PISSED if i ordered NEW ARP studs and have to order a whole other set as well.... thaaank yooou :thumbsup:

thanks for the post yall... i'd have been PISSED if i ordered NEW ARP studs and have to order a whole other set as well.... thaaank yooou :thumbsup:

That's what the site and research are for. They are there to help. A suggestion to you would be to list your un-needed parts for sale in the parts/sale portion of the site. That way you don't miss out on any money spent. :thumbsup:

89 project civic... i pm'd you but no reply. let me know asap if you're still interested in the arp head studs. i'm asking $80 plus shipping. let me know, thanks

What I mean by "these" is the d16a6/d16y8 kit.
no way! don't buy! that's way too expensive. go to the link i'm posting below and order from there. this is where i bought my correct kit. the nice thing is it comes with the extra stud for use with the y8 head, but it still comes with the original complete kit so you can use a z6 or a6 head still if you want. but yeah, order from here, a lot cheaper and no complaints on my part.
Lightning Motorsports - ARP Head Stud kit D16Z6 or A6 with Y8 Head Swap - 208-4301 (MOD)

i'm sure they do. you could always call and ask. you'll have your answer in a few minutes if you just call

Alright, I just called and the guy said they do ship to Canada. So I checked and they do. I swear last time I was about to order them the site didn't have Canada as a shipping location. Haha, my bad. Thanks for the money-saving tip:).

Back