1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a6 head on z6 block

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by hmtcrxsir, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmtcrxsir

hmtcrxsir Member

well actually the block is not a z6. its actually a JDM D16a (which is similar to a D16z6)

I know this is a weird setup, but i blew the head. And i have an extra a6 head laying around. So i dropped that to the z6 block. And I tried using the Z6 timing belt. And it seems to be a bit short. And its very tight, can not even put belt on the tensioner. What timing belt should i use?

Is it true that i have to buy the timing belt that matches the head and I should be fine?

freaking im having problems installing the timing belt. I used the z6 tensioner and a6 timing belt. The belt seems to be a bit loose and when i used the a6 tensioner and a6 timing belt. The timing belt is also loose. Im so confused and dont know what timing belt to use now.

When i tried turning the crank by with the timing belt installing. The timing belt would pop out and go back again. So i know its loose. Could it be that i am using a timing belt from AutoZone? I know it would be better if i were to get a OEM one. But they want too much for it.

the block is a JDM D16a (similar to a z6) could it be that much of a difference?

2. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

no need to double post

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Please refer to our FAQ. There is no need to post your topic more than once.

This topic has been closed by a moderator. Please continue your question in the other thread that you started.

Thanks, Moderating Team

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.