1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a6/y8 dizzy and ecu help

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by SLOWdelawareEG, Apr 25, 2010.

1. SLOWdelawareEG

SLOWdelawareEG my cars go fast

if anyone can please help clarify for me, im a bit fuzzy on what the correct way to do a d16a6 with y8 head is. i have a full y8 setup minus the dizzy and im trying to save as much $ as possible. ive read several places that i can use my a6 dizzy. is this true and if so what ecu am i supposed to use? :confused: i keep finding alot of writeups for z6 setups but not much in the way of a6/y8 specific. if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

if you want the VTEC to work correctly, you need to convert to OBD1 and use the P28 ECU with OBD0 to OBD1 ECU jumper harness - you then use the OBD1 distributor from 92-95 Civic D15B7, which bolts right onto the Y8 head, and you need to either, purchase a OBD0 to OBD1 distributor jumper or swap the OBD1 distributor connector onto the A6 engine harness - you need to use the OBD0 injectors from your A6 - when installing the Y8 head onto the A6 block, you need to remove the oil jet from the top of the block - it is located on the intake side between cylinders #2 and #3

1 person likes this.
  3. SLOWdelawareEG

SLOWdelawareEG my cars go fast

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted