Abercrombie And Bitch Getting Sued!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What some ppl will do for attention. They do have models that are not white. Look in the catalogs, they have black chicks and guys in there. I bet those ppl sueing are some hobo/ghetto fucks who just want some money..

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jun 20 2003, 04:43 AM-->
What some ppl will do for attention. They do have models that are not white. Look in the catalogs, they have black chicks and guys in there. I bet those ppl sueing are some hobo/ghetto fucks who just want some money..
Wrong. Read the whole article...

Originally posted by ?@?
After speaking with a manager, a sales person told him, "We're sorry, but we can't rehire you because there's already too many Filipinos working here," said Ocampo, 21.

I know that Abercrombie hires people of all ethnicities, but any employee that says that needs to be fired- they opened up the company for a lawsuit just like this.

?
@?
Another plaintiff, Angeline Wu, a Chinese-American, alleges she was terminated from a store in Costa Mesa, Calif after a manager pointed at a poster of a blond-haired, blue-eyed male model and said the store needed more staff members with a similar appearance.

Same thing there- but even worse... wrongful termination on racial grounds. I would definitely sue over that, and I'm sure you would too. "Oh sorry you can't work here, you're too white." Wouldn't that make you angry? It's not very legal either.

LOL, thats great Cal. I tried to get on at a woman's lingerie store and I was told I woulnd't be hired as I'm male, is that illegal?

there is always some fucking race getting "held down by the system." Yea it's wrong, and I hate A&F, but it's getting a little cliche to be "pulling the race card" all the time

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jun 20 2003, 10:11 AM
LOL, thats great Cal. I tried to get on at a woman's lingerie store and I was told I woulnd't be hired as I'm male, is that illegal?

No, that's different because you're not hired yet, and it's obviously a female interest product. Not hiring someone because they're Filipino can be legit if the company is privately held- that's their choice. Firing someone that already works for you because of race is NOT ok though.

Liquid- I agree with you, but firing someone because "we need more people that look like that" is always grounds for a lawsuit.

yea definintely that is ground for a law suit. But alot of times it's just like, the person is a shitty worker, or they fuck up all the time or something. They get fired and then it's like "oh it's because im from puerto rico, ISN'T IT"

In Oregon, there is no law as to why you are being fired. You can tell somebody that you don't like the color of their hair, or don't like the way they smile and fire them !!! I'm sure there are issues with racism and what not...

Hrrmmm...this is odd, because I actually work at AF and I am Asian-American. We have black, Asian, etc.. employees and never once have my managers been not cool with me. They even gave me a raise. Just about everyone there is really cool. This is only one place though, I'm sure there are plenty cases where there is discrimination.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jun 20 2003, 11:49 AM-->
Silverchild79
@Jun 20 2003, 10:11 AM

No, that's different because you're not hired yet, and it's obviously a female interest product. Not hiring someone because they're Filipino can be legit if the company is privately held- that's their choice. Firing someone that already works for you because of race is NOT ok though.

Liquid- I agree with you, but firing someone because "we need more people that look like that" is always grounds for a lawsuit.

bullshit.

Its the same difference.

A&F could choose how they want their appearance. Would you want a fat girl modeling in lingere? I doubt the company actually said that they fired them because of their skin color because obviously that would be asinine and if it did, I'm sure it was something said by one manager/employee and not the company as a whole.

Originally posted by dcsports413@Jun 20 2003, 01:58 PM
Hrrmmm...this is odd, because I actually work at AF and I am Asian-American. We have black, Asian, etc.. employees and never once have my managers been not cool with me. They even gave me a raise. Just about everyone there is really cool. This is only one place though, I'm sure there are plenty cases where there is discrimination.

how can you work for A&F? they sell thongs in their childrens store....

god damn!

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 20 2003, 01:29 PM
I wonder if this sort of thing goes on at the FUBU headquarters.

An interesting question. If it did would the white guy's lawsuit go anywhere?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 20 2003, 01:47 PM
I seriously doubt it. He'd probably feel to "guilty" to persue it.

I guess it depends on the person being canned. I would be on the phone with a lawyer in minutes. IMO racism is racism it doesn't matter what color the people on the giving or recieving ends are.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jun 20 2003, 02:23 PM
bullshit.

Its the same difference.

A&F could choose how they want their appearance. Would you want a fat girl modeling in lingere? I doubt the company actually said that they fired them because of their skin color because obviously that would be asinine and if it did, I'm sure it was something said by one manager/employee and not the company as a whole.

Nope, sorry you're wrong. Go read some human resources manuals or something. Better yet- go manage 60 people and jump through all the HR hoops, then come back and tell me. You can't fire someone because of their race.

And of course it was just one employee... the company would be damn stupid to do something like that as a whole.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jun 20 2003, 05:12 PM
i dont like A&F any damn ways. its over priced preppy shit.

It only recently become popular here (in the last 5-6 yrs) but has been around for yrs and yrs.

Its not over priced, have you ever felt their shirts? They are thick as hell.. i still have t-shirts from 2+ years ago that look brand new b/c they held up through all this time.

Back