Abercrombie And Bitch Getting Sued!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jun 20 2003, 06:12 PM
i dont like A&F any damn ways. its over priced preppy shit.

:werd: :withstupid:

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jun 20 2003, 04:20 PM-->
TrailorParkPimp
@Jun 20 2003, 05:12 PM

It only recently become popular here (in the last 5-6 yrs) but has been around for yrs and yrs.

Its not over priced, have you ever felt their shirts? They are thick as hell.. i still have t-shirts from 2+ years ago that look brand new b/c they held up through all this time.

It is still over priced. I have a Pearl Jam shirt I bought almost 6 years ago that is still in pretty good shape. I paid $8 for it. I have a Rancid shirt that is 2 years old. Again $8. A Mighty Mighty Bosstones shirt ($9) that is almost 3. I still wear all of these to work.

Originally posted by lsvtec+Jun 20 2003, 05:41 PM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jun 20 2003, 04:20 PM
TrailorParkPimp
@Jun 20 2003, 05:12 PM

It only recently become popular here (in the last 5-6 yrs) but has been around for yrs and yrs.

Its not over priced, have you ever felt their shirts? They are thick as hell.. i still have t-shirts from 2+ years ago that look brand new b/c they held up through all this time.

It is still over priced. I have a Pearl Jam shirt I bought almost 6 years ago that is still in pretty good shape. I paid $8 for it. I have a Rancid shirt that is 2 years old. Again $8. A Mighty Mighty Bosstones shirt ($9) that is almost 3. I still wear all of these to work.

Okay, I just go through clothes i guess a lot more then most ppl. To each their own i guess.

When it comes to expensive shit. Banana republic Fucking 0wns A&f.

Yes, having a step brother who gets 30% off also helps when buying clothes.

Old Punk Shirts that you bought at a show or an independant CD store for <$10 own the bannana republic.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jun 20 2003, 05:09 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Jun 20 2003, 02:23 PM
bullshit.

Its the same difference.

A&F could choose how they want their appearance. Would you want a fat girl modeling in lingere? I doubt the company actually said that they fired them because of their skin color because obviously that would be asinine and if it did, I'm sure it was something said by one manager/employee and not the company as a whole.

Nope, sorry you're wrong. Go read some human resources manuals or something. Better yet- go manage 60 people and jump through all the HR hoops, then come back and tell me. You can't fire someone because of their race.

And of course it was just one employee... the company would be damn stupid to do something like that as a whole.

So that means you bring the suit against 1 person, not an entire company.

its flat out bullshit that a company as a whole would be dumb enough to expose itself like that.

IMO if you want a certain image in your store you can hire your employees accordingly, thats your privelege.

if they were racist, they just wouldn't have hired the person in the first place, think about it.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 21 2003, 12:53 AM
Old Punk Shirts that you bought at a show or an independant CD store for <$10 own the bannana republic.

$10 or less, half of my old t shirts I printed myself.

As a member of management YOU (a single individual) ARE THE COMPANY. As an agent of the company your actions and/or inactions are held to a higher standard than an employee's.

If a member of management, when describing another employee says, "She has a nice ass" he opens the company up to litigation. If a peer says the same thing about another employee (or customer) he only exposes himself ( :) ) to the potential for litigation.

EVERY company has the right to refuse employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion and everything else the ADA stands for if hiring the applicant would create an "undue hardship" on the employer. No jury is going to listen to a case about why a paraplegic was refused to be hired as a lifeguard at the local pool, why Billy Bob didn't get a job w/ FUBU, why a hornie teenage guy didn't get hired at Victoria's Secret, or for that matter why that same paraplegic didn't get a job for a small business whose 2nd floor office is only accessable by stairs.

Wrongful termination is the issue here. Once hired you have to have a legitimate reason for termination. I work for a very large insurance company in GA which is a "right to hire" state. Basically, that means I have the legal right to hire/fire WITHOUT cause. However, that NEVER happens and when it is only alleged you get a call from a lawyer. If the lawyer can find a modicum of evidence then you have a suit. If the lawyer can then find a pattern within the company as a whole, you have a class-action lawsuit.

Originally posted by ahedau@Jun 20 2003, 08:34 PM
If a member of management, when describing another employee says, "She has a nice ass" he opens the company up to litigation. If a peer says the same thing about another employee (or customer) he only exposes himself ( :) ) to the potential for litigation.

Thank you. :)

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jun 20 2003, 06:51 PM

Banana Republic makes some of the ugliest shit in the world.. sorry.. you want expensive.. i've yet to see anyone match Gap's 1968 or whatever series of shit.. pants are 100 or 110. (i know gucci and diesel and shit are more expensive, but this is for "average" shops)

when i had my wireless dimensions at the plattsburgh mall, late one night some kid dressed in all black gothic shit with a mohawk hair cut that was done up to where it looked like 7 spikes going down the middle of his head, all pierced up and shit, walked up to the cart and asked me if i had an application for him. i laughed, and told him not to bother. i mean the guy had 5" spikes sticking from the end of each foot. he went to the labor board, i had to go to court, was fined and everything wasted 2 months of my time. the judge told me i would be better off from now on to give the person an application and let them return it, then just throw it away when they leave.

just thought id share that with y'all

At my work we use the common phrase of we are not hiring right now. Which is kind of true. We had this flamer yell at us one day because we said the company had a hiring freeze, which was true. (We did not say no to him because he was a flamer, it was more becuase he was an asshole and we didn't want to work with him. We only have 3 people working in the store.) He looked like Chris Lowel and sounded like him. After he left everyone including customers were busting out laughing.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Jun 20 2003, 11:52 PM-->
Slammed89Integra
@Jun 20 2003, 06:51 PM

Banana Republic makes some of the ugliest shit in the world.. sorry.. you want expensive.. i've yet to see anyone match Gap's 1968 or whatever series of shit.. pants are 100 or 110. (i know gucci and diesel and shit are more expensive, but this is for "average" shops)

old navy<gap<banana republic ......all the same company, different image, different style, appeals to different groups.....

Abercrombie has been accused of racial insensitivity in the past. Last spring, following complains from Asian American groups, it removed from stores a line of T-shirts that showed two slant-eyed men in conical hats and the slogan "Wong Brothers Laundry Service — Two Wongs Can Make it White."

LMAO :lol:

Originally posted by tedwright@Jun 21 2003, 12:05 AM
when i had my wireless dimensions at the plattsburgh mall, late one night some kid dressed in all black gothic shit with a mohawk hair cut that was done up to where it looked like 7 spikes going down the middle of his head, all pierced up and shit, walked up to the cart and asked me if i had an application for him. i laughed, and told him not to bother. i mean the guy had 5" spikes sticking from the end of each foot. he went to the labor board, i had to go to court, was fined and everything wasted 2 months of my time. the judge told me i would be better off from now on to give the person an application and let them return it, then just throw it away when they leave.

just thought id share that with y'all

you're required by law to file the application for 6 months for future reference

atleast here in NJ

No shit. Dont know anything about NJ labor laws. I know we do things a little differently in vermont than when i had the store in ny. not only are labor laws pretty messed up in vt, but once i had an employee who came into work with a 9mm all the time. he showed another employee, she called security, security called the cops. they came, questioned him about why he had a gun, ran the numbers and thats it. not shit for gun laws in vermont. anyone who isnt a recently convicted felon can own, carry and conceal a weapon, including a handgun, WITHOUT a permit. is that rediculous or what??

just thought id share that with ya

haha damn i guess im gonna have to take a trip down there

tried to register www.tedwright.com, some asshole already has that. tried to order new plates, T Wright with the ny state logo in the space between the t and the wright. i am waiting to see those plates one of these days..............hopefully ill have the trusty screwdriver. :ph34r:

Back