? about b18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brad94ex

i have a chance to buy a b18 outta a 93 integra with 89k for cheap real cheap..lets say under 500 bucks..with that includes the motor , tranny wire harness ecu and possibly the axels.. ill have to buy flywheel clutch shift linkage motor mount and water pump ..some other odd and ends.. my question is will this be worth buyin and putting extras into it to get it running without spending an extra 1,000 to get this done i want to do this reasonable it will be a daily driver not a racer
please give opions

Sounds like a good price to me...just beware, swaps will nickel and dime you to DEATH if you do them right. I bought an EJ2 with a blown D15 for $100 and I have already put $3000 into it in the last 6 months to get it running. Motor, trans, axles, midshaft, assorted mounts, shift linkage, front brakes, rear disc conversion, teg radiator, slim fan, coil overs, catch can, battery, intake, header, clutch, flywheel, honda specific nuts and bolts, exhaust, wiring and misc, hardware, blah blah blah...There is no "cheap" way out...

I take it this is going into a 94 Civic EX, going by your screen name.

Anyway, you need to keep in mind that the mounts, shift linkage, etc. can all be found at the junkyard for a fairly decent price. You need to know that the wiring may be a little confusing as well, even if people say its a "bolt in" swap, there are always things that come up.

Sounds like a good price to me...just beware, swaps will nickel and dime you to DEATH if you do them right. I bought an EJ2 with a blown D15 for $100 and I have already put $3000 into it in the last 6 months to get it running. Motor, trans, axles, midshaft, assorted mounts, shift linkage, front brakes, rear disc conversion, teg radiator, slim fan, coil overs, catch can, battery, intake, header, clutch, flywheel, honda specific nuts and bolts, exhaust, wiring and misc, hardware, blah blah blah...There is no "cheap" way out...

True, but how much of that $3,000 is in the after-market parts? Not all of the stuff you listed is necessary for a swap (intake, header, exhaust, coilovers, etc.). I've spent about 3 grand in just after-market parts on my Integra, no motor swap.
It can be done fairly cheap, if you're thrifty about it.

I guess it kinda depends on what motor you're swapping, and what your goals for the car are...

Yeah what he said. Junkyards are your best friend.

Just keep in mind, things WILL go wrong, it WON'T go as smoothly as you think it will.

Back