1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? about Block Guards

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by NotUrAverage_Si, Jan 18, 2004.

1. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

earlier today a friend and I started my b16 turbo project, first putting on a new head gasket, timing belt, clutch and block guard. ran into a little problem though. the block wouldn't seem to go all the way in. one side would go in a little farther than the other. i've heard they need to be machined and others have told me they don't need to be machined in. also would it be that bad to file the outside of the block guard a little to get it to fit better? anyone with any incite would be greatly appreciated. so far that's the only problem we've run into and hopefully it will stay that way.

2. b16ahatch

b16ahatch Senior Member

def needs to be pressed in by a machine shop man plus its better to have it welded in to. mine isint welded but its pressed. plus you wanna it to be perfectley level witht the block to so i would def recommend letting a mchine shop do it

3. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

any idea of how much they charge?

4. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

not only that, they need to check the cylinder bore afterwards for its trueness (re-bore/hone if necessary).

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted