About changing fuel injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaScythe

Hello friends.

Can't make long posts, my network doesn't let me gotta fix that.
Ok, I have a 1995 Honda Accord LX, I got it a year ago it's stock all the way, F22B2, and it needs maintenance here and there. I thought instead of just servicing the car, why not UPGRADE it along the way?

So lately I've heard pinging, and i had it checked out, I was told my fuel injectors are dirty. It's gotten real bad when I accelerate, the pinging. I know other steps should be taken before switching fuel injectors, but because I need them cleaned now, I'm thinking I can just change them for new ones now. The stock fuel injectors on my car are 235cc I believe. I'm looking at 255cc injectors, or a bit larger if it's safe. Will this have negative effects on the way my car runs? Putting high-flow fuel injectors in while everything else is stock? (besides changing gas mileage a bit, i know that)

Thanks!

I'd like to say that this is a pretty cool Honda board, usually Honda boards I've seen are full of the kind of people that give the company a bad image sometimes. You know who i mean. The kind that type in caps all the time, and trashtalk, and have less education than my cat's litter box.

Why use larger injectors, unless you're planning on dumping thousands of dollars into that engine with a turbo or all-motor application? Just get some quality fuel injector cleaner and run that through there, or pay $30 to have them cleaned.

Back