about ready to tear my hair out!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
Heres the story...
for the past 2 months my car (93' gsr hatch) has been at a body shop. About a month ago I checked on it, and started it up just to run it (no problems). Yesterday I go to pick it up, and the battery is dead. We push the car out of the garage and jump it... and the car just cranks and cranks.. but won't start.

I do some diagnosing and discover that the fuel pump isn't working (I don't hear it running when I turn the key, and I'm not getting fuel pressure). So this morning i rush over to summit and pick up a new 190 lph fuel pump and drop it in. Still, no fuel pump noise or fuel pressure. I then realize that its probably the main relay. I pulled the relay, and jump the fuel pump's wires on the relay harness, and I get fuel pump noise, and its got pressure! Thinking I solved it, I went to a local junk yard and got a main relay. I plugged it in, and again got fuel pressure, but the damn thing still cranks and cranks!

I checked all the fueses and main grounds on the engine. I hope that I am just overlooking something stuid. Any ideas? It just seems strange that my main relay and ????? would go bad at the same time:confused:

that is strange but why was your car at the shop was it hit cause if it was and you started it there could be a grounded wire some where that blew it out

o-yeah hey 93civicracer you still rockin your dx 4dr ebay special ? lmao........ now thats ''stupid''

Last edited:
yeah the car was hit...it drove to the repair shop fine, and yesterday, the guy said he pulled it out of the bay and it started up fine as well. I looked over the grounds several times. I'm gonna look at the dizzy next.

well, i finally got it running. It was either the distributor coil or rotor - i replaced them both and it fired right up. Its strange that that, and the main relay would go bad at the same time:confused:

yeah i know for sure that the main was bad, because the fuel pump wouldn't run with the old main, but did with the new one

Back