1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

about ready to tear my hair out!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 99sidude, May 11, 2007.

1. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

Heres the story...
    for the past 2 months my car (93' gsr hatch) has been at a body shop. About a month ago I checked on it, and started it up just to run it (no problems). Yesterday I go to pick it up, and the battery is dead. We push the car out of the garage and jump it... and the car just cranks and cranks.. but won't start.

I do some diagnosing and discover that the fuel pump isn't working (I don't hear it running when I turn the key, and I'm not getting fuel pressure). So this morning i rush over to summit and pick up a new 190 lph fuel pump and drop it in. Still, no fuel pump noise or fuel pressure. I then realize that its probably the main relay. I pulled the relay, and jump the fuel pump's wires on the relay harness, and I get fuel pump noise, and its got pressure! Thinking I solved it, I went to a local junk yard and got a main relay. I plugged it in, and again got fuel pressure, but the damn thing still cranks and cranks!

I checked all the fueses and main grounds on the engine. I hope that I am just overlooking something stuid. Any ideas? It just seems strange that my main relay and ????? would go bad at the same time:confused:

2. 93civicracer

93civicracer Oh, I do a little here and there.

Whatever you're over looking it SURE IS "stupid". lmao

3. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

that is strange but why was your car at the shop was it hit cause if it was and you started it there could be a grounded wire some where that blew it out

o-yeah hey 93civicracer you still rockin your dx 4dr ebay special ? lmao........ now thats ''stupid''

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  4. 99sidude

yeah the car was hit...it drove to the repair shop fine, and yesterday, the guy said he pulled it out of the bay and it started up fine as well. I looked over the grounds several times. I'm gonna look at the dizzy next.

5. 99sidude

well, i finally got it running. It was either the distributor coil or rotor - i replaced them both and it fired right up. Its strange that that, and the main relay would go bad at the same time:confused:

6. custompainter

maybe your main wasn't bad ? and it just looked bad!! to late now already replaced

7. 99sidude

yeah i know for sure that the main was bad, because the fuel pump wouldn't run with the old main, but did with the new one

8. custompainter

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted