about the valve spring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eater_eg6

im running a stock b16a2 cam ... n also the stock valve spring.. i hav bought a used b16b cam ... n im planning to buy the toda valve spring... izzit ok ?? any problem if i match up the toda spring with b16b cam ?? n how about the retainer ?? use the stock retainer ?? toda dint hav retainer rite ?? thanx.. need help.. newbie here.... :unsure:

I dont see why it would be a problem. I havent replaced my springs in this car yet, but ive never heard bad things about the toda springs.

Originally posted by eater_eg6@Jul 10 2005, 01:57 AM
im running a stock b16a2 cam ... n also the stock valve spring.. i hav bought a used b16b cam ... n im planning to buy the toda valve spring... izzit ok ?? any problem if i match up the toda spring with b16b cam ?? n how about the retainer ?? use the stock retainer ?? toda dint hav retainer rite ?? thanx.. need help.. newbie here.... :unsure:
[post=523451]Quoted post[/post]​

if you're planning on using the CTR cam then going to Toda valve springs would just be more expensive. Just get some CTR/ITR valve springs and retainers. you will be perfectly fine revving up to 8800k rpms(assuming you have a chipped ecu) and you'd still have money left over.

then when you switch to a really aggressive cam in the future, you spend more on springs the second time around.

thanx.. :) so... can the ori retainer match wif toda spring or other stiffer valve spring ??? did the b16a retainer same wif b16b retainer ??? :unsure:

Originally posted by eater_eg6@Jul 11 2005, 01:47 AM
thanx.. :) so... can the ori retainer match wif toda spring or other stiffer valve spring ??? did the b16a retainer same wif b16b retainer ??? :unsure:
[post=523920]Quoted post[/post]​

gallery_18454_370_5506.jpg

hey bro !!! mean my english is poor ??? heheh... its ok .. :) yeap.. i m... so.. can u speak chinese ?? or japanese ??? or other languege ??? or u just know ENGLISH ???? i believe here is talk about car.. :p n not about how good is ur grammer or what... rite ??? come on man!!! dun so care about it .. k ??? tiu nia ma chao fa hai!!!!!!

Originally posted by eater_eg6@Jul 13 2005, 01:34 AM
hey bro !!! mean my english is poor ??? heheh... its ok .. :) yeap.. i m... so.. can u speak chinese ?? or japanese ??? or other languege ??? or u just know ENGLISH ???? i believe here is talk about car.. :p n not about how good is ur grammer or what... rite ??? come on man!!! dun so care about it .. k ??? tiu nia ma chao fa hai!!!!!!
[post=525228]Quoted post[/post]​

Well this is an english based forum so no, japanese is not readily spoken here. If you want answers quickly without getting flamed your gunna have to learn to properly use the language.

As for what springs to used. I've always maintained that you should build towards the exact motor you want, at all times. Dont buy parts just because you can save a little bit of bankroll, when you know your going to replace it down the road. Make out a list of exactly what you want in and out of your engine. Buy only parts on that list and believe it or not you will attain that goal faster (and be more satisfied) than if you keep buying parts that aren't part of your master plan. My .02

Back