1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

about the valve spring

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by eater_eg6, Jul 10, 2005.

1. eater_eg6

eater_eg6 Junior Member

im running a stock b16a2 cam ... n also the stock valve spring.. i hav bought a used b16b cam ... n im planning to buy the toda valve spring... izzit ok ?? any problem if i match up the toda spring with b16b cam ?? n how about the retainer ?? use the stock retainer ?? toda dint hav retainer rite ?? thanx.. need help.. newbie here.... :unsure:

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

I dont see why it would be a problem. I havent replaced my springs in this car yet, but ive never heard bad things about the toda springs.

3. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

:emofo:

seriously. if you use the stiffer sprign with a stock cam you'll be ok, imo.

4. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

if you're planning on using the CTR cam then going to Toda valve springs would just be more expensive. Just get some CTR/ITR valve springs and retainers. you will be perfectly fine revving up to 8800k rpms(assuming you have a chipped ecu) and you'd still have money left over.

5. nismogod

nismogod Senior Member

then when you switch to a really aggressive cam in the future, you spend more on springs the second time around.

6. eater_eg6

eater_eg6 Junior Member

thanx.. :) so... can the ori retainer match wif toda spring or other stiffer valve spring ??? did the b16a retainer same wif b16b retainer ??? :unsure:

7. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

[​IMG]

8. eater_eg6

eater_eg6 Junior Member

???????????????????

9. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

[​IMG]

10. eater_eg6

eater_eg6 Junior Member

hey bro !!! mean my english is poor ??? heheh... its ok .. :) yeap.. i m... so.. can u speak chinese ?? or japanese ??? or other languege ??? or u just know ENGLISH ???? i believe here is talk about car.. :p n not about how good is ur grammer or what... rite ??? come on man!!! dun so care about it .. k ??? tiu nia ma chao fa hai!!!!!!

11. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

Well this is an english based forum so no, japanese is not readily spoken here. If you want answers quickly without getting flamed your gunna have to learn to properly use the language.

As for what springs to used. I've always maintained that you should build towards the exact motor you want, at all times. Dont buy parts just because you can save a little bit of bankroll, when you know your going to replace it down the road. Make out a list of exactly what you want in and out of your engine. Buy only parts on that list and believe it or not you will attain that goal faster (and be more satisfied) than if you keep buying parts that aren't part of your master plan. My .02

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted