about to buy motor but am changing mind on what

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

hey have been planning on buying a jdm sirII b16 for my civic. but lately i am changing my mind alittle. i have 2500-3000 to spend really soon. like next month. but i was considering an ls/vtec. or b20 vtec. what would you guys sujest. should i go with the b16a and later on just add boost (like next year) , or should i build a motor. any opion would be greatly help.

depends on what you want out of it really...

whats your goals?

SiR2 swap = 1750 170hp/115ft lbs
gsr = 2800 180hp/126ft lbs
H22 = 2200 200hp/160ft lbs

if you've only got 2500 i would go with the SiR2, it'll give you the extra pocket money for things like any sensors, timing belt, water pump, maybe a hondata intake manifold gasket, or any other things you will need along the way...

you doing the swap yourself?

if you can afford it i would STRONGLY recommend you upgrade the tranny to LSD for the $300...

also be sure to factor in shipping...

and if you're gonna mate a B16 head to a non-vtec block go with the B20, but it doesn't sound like you have the funds...

i am doing the swap my self. i think i will just go with the sirII. it seem like the most reasonable. and i was thinking of upgrading to an LSD.

but were do you guys get you number. i havent found a web site with one under 2 grand. i did find one that includes shipping in there price. 2250 shipped and 200 more for the LSD. Jdmcustoms.com
ever heard of it.

got any other sites to suggest?

Complete SiRII swaps are $2250 from Hmotorsonline. The XSi complete swap is a good price at $1700 BUT, it comes with a cable transmission, which is useless in your car without a conversion that will cost the same as getting the right one in the first place.

Anyway, Hmotors is good place to get a motor from, not real big, but they have good service, and will work well with you if something is wrong.

Save your money and get a GSR or even get an LS now and then do your LSvtec conversion later.

You can tell already I'm not a fan of b16s.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Mar 25 2005, 05:30 PM
Wonder why the important questions haven't been asked?

- What car is this going in?
- What is the goal / use of the car?
[post=478508]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, his screen name name is 93civicsir, and it seems he is interested in boost. Reading pwnZ joo>

my car is a 93civic ex, i plan on removing the a/c and tapping off the power sterring line. i am really interested in boost and i just want some opions from other honda guys.
not alot around at all in my little corner of kasas.

were the red necks rule, with there tires that cost more than there damn truck.

i just figured a good starting place would be a b16 and i could build a bad ass b20 bottomend after i get my car going.
oh ya, my d16z6 crank bolt broke because some guy didnt know what he was doing when they changed the belts(right before i bought the car)

they cross threaded the main crank bolt that hold the pully on and just ran it down with an impact. it was literaly the one thing that i had not touched on the car. you can see about half of the threads still in the crank.

I have a 93 civic with a B16. The way that I would go is a complete swap from hmotors get that running right then start in with the mods later. By the time you get LSD and all of the stuff for the warranty you will have 3350 invested to get you this far. what part of Kansas are you im. I'm in Great bend if you want to see a SIR 93.

the way I looked at it when I bought my b16a2 was that for 1000 more[b18c] I could get some torque and a few more hp but if I saved the 1000 for a turbo the hp,tq to $$$ ratio was way better with the turbo so I went b16.

that is what i was kinda thinking. it would be nice to get the extra displacement, but is it worth another grand that i could use on power adders and supention stuff.

thats what the edit button is for...

and you need to consider that you cold be adding power to the base model B16, or you could be adding power onto the already beefy B18...

its really your call...

you have limited funds so go with the B16, swap it in... you will love it...
i give it 6 months before you want more... no... wait... NEED MORE
lol

but what about building a good bottom end later, and use the head i would already have? or just do that first. and just build the motor. it would take long to get all the parts but in the long run that would be cool. see my delima

well, if you wanna go lsv or b20v then you should consider it all now before oyu blow your bills on the whole b16 swap...

i think you'd be happy for quite a while with the B16...

and then you can take your time to build your lower end, or save for turbo goodies...

Back