About to buy motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

Is there a USDM b16 that would plug right into my car? without the OBDII harness....?? I dont want a JDM motor because I also need it to last long... JDM motors will knock with our gas and without octane additive, correct? Or will a JDM b16 be ok with premium gas...?

My car (95 civic dx coupe) is OBDI Right? Thanks

The compression of the JDM b16 is only slightly higher than the USDM motors, so you'll be fine on pump gas. Just get the highest octane available in your area. You could get a JDM OBD1 B16a for fairly cheap, which would pretty much bolt and plug right in.

BadASS! I Ill get the JDM one then. thats awesome news. Hey.. is it easy to take apart the motor and re-assemble? after cleaning the internals? can this be done by hand?

no offense, but you sound like someone who shouldnt be taking apart a motor.

theres really no reason to take it apart and put it back together, unless you're putting in pistons or somethin.

Originally posted by Pewble@Jan 21 2004, 05:29 AM
BadASS! I Ill get the JDM one then. thats awesome news. Hey.. is it easy to take apart the motor and re-assemble? after cleaning the internals? can this be done by hand?

if you are seriously thinking about dissasembling your engine. get a helms manual. Helm Inc. the best 60 bucks you could spend on your car. i would be a good idea to get one for both the engine and for your chassis.

as for the motor, pretty much everyone here reccomends hmotorsonline --->HMO and for good reason, they are pretty much the best as far as quality and customer service.

Ok... Yes I know im someone who shouldnt disassemble my motor, but my dad knows how... Also, I can get the head ported out and a valve job really cheap. I want to buy the motor now so I can work on in until spring. Put in ARP head studs and bolts, and cams. I was wondering if it were to be worth it to polish any internals?

and umm.. which motor should I get?

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30002

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30005

And why is the SiR-I motor so much cheaper? Thanks For your help.

Umm just noticed that the first b16 there has a cable tranny and the second has hydraulic.. theoretically, could I use either one? or is hydraulic better. My car is hydraulic right now...

go with the second one, the SiR II. you wont have to deal with the hastle of rewiring. plus you've got 10 more hp.

definitaly go through hmotorsonline, i just got an engine through them the outside was spotless, i'll have to take off the valve cover and take some pics so everyone will know how good the engines they sell really are. from the smell of the oil it should be perfect, and do remember the oil has probably been in there for like 10 years.

you are gonna want the one with the hydro tranny. yes you COULD use the cable tranny but why? you will want the SIR-II changover. hydro tranny, obd1, and with a few mounts this swap is almost plug and play. you will need do run a few wires.

Back