About to do ZC DOHC in my 89 Si... questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bobotron

Ive been reading and looking on the web for a couple days now and theres just a few things I wanted to clear up before I do a ZC DOHC swap to my 89 crx si:

1. Does a lighter flywheel make a noticable differerence? I was thinking of getting one to put in during the swap. Also, as far as the whole clutch and flywheel combo sounds confusing. Alot of sites say "upgrade" for 89 clutch? Is it something about the 200mm vs. 212mm size? I plan on keeping my Si tranny and will most likely put in a new clutch atleast.

2. Should I just get OBD0? Is there any reason to get OBD1 instead?

3. Can I use the chikara header I already have? I read I may need to grind out si header port material to line up with the ZC though?

4. Is there any other things I should do during the swap that may be good to do before putting it all back together?

Thanks all.

Check out www.thezcr.com That site is awsome for ZC info.

Point #1 - I am not sure about that one sorry :(

Point #2 - It is my understanding that if you plan on turboing your car OBD1 is the way to go because of hondata, but with OBD0 programs like TurboEdit and things of that nature it really isnt that bad staying with OBD0

Point #3 - I my self have a headman header which i think is similar. Just test fit it see if the studs in the head will line up with the header. And then take the ZC gasket and lay it on your header ports and see if it needs to be ported out any. Thats what I did when i got my header.

Point #4 - Make sure you keep your parts organized, have fun seriously because your first one is always great. Take pictures if you can and show us your progress.

Best of luck to you. And really just enjoy it.

Back