About to smash the laptop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
It has gotten so bad I have found myself about to punch the screen. i need to fix this before I make this thing a big paperweight. If you don't remember the problem, the cursor jumps all over the screen when I type and then I have to fight with it to get it to not go into the top right corner or the bottom left corner. At this point I fight more than I click. I'm even willing to remove a piece of the laptop to disable the touchpad. I just need this problem fixed. PLEASE, someone help me.

we went through this already.

just get a new fucking touchpad panel on ebay for your laptop. god, its like 20 shipped!

or plug a mouse in damnit

if you need one ill fucking ship you a free optical. for free. if you are gonna punch the damn thing just ship it to me. pm me for my address. i'll make better use of it.

Our HP lappy at home does that, so fucking annoying. I hooked up a optical to the USB port and disabled the gay ass touchpad. I feel your pain though.

Quoted post[/post]]
Our HP lappy at home does that, so fucking annoying. I hooked up a optical to the USB port and disabled the gay ass touchpad. I feel your pain though.
I have a wireless mouse. However I can't disable the touchpad.
gallery_35984_225_29448.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
maybe today's woot is in your future?
http://www.woot.com/

thats a damn good deal. i got the AMD64 version of that exact machine.... and i paid 1600 for it through hp.
I hate HPs. THe only HP product I own is my printer/copier/scanner.

right click my computer, manage
open device manager
under mice, you should have a touchpad icon. i do.

ive got an hp laptop...and there is an actual button on my laptop i can push to disable the touchpad so i can plug in my external mouse...

but there is also the options they just gave you to disable it...it should be working...if it isnt...then try logging into safe-mode with F8 as the administrator of the computer and see if that allows you to disable it...

Logging into safe mode would make no difference in disabling hardware like that.

If its a dell, when you first turn on the screen... Like when it says DELL On the screen... Look for a note that says "Press F2 to Enter Setup".. It may say f2, escape, DEL (NOT BACKSPACE), or CTRL ENTR.

Back