ABS question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SClude

Hi all, Just finished up my h22swap in my lude. I've got all the ecu codes cleared up and the car is running fine, but my ABS light blinks 4 times and then 2 times when i have it jumped to read the ecu codes. I can't figure out what this means. I've looked around at sites and can't find an answer. I was wondering if any of you have come across this and know the answer. thanks

Left front wheel lock eh. How would I go about fixing that. I've never had to deal with the ABS system before.

Check to see if your caliper is locking up. Look around the ABS accumulator, see if its leaking. If it does not show signs of leakage then check your master cylinder by holding the brake pedal down, and see if it looses pressure.

Sounds good. I'll check on that tomorrow. Hopefully be able to fix it with no problem. thanks

I have the same problems. My ABS light comes on while driving, but didnt bother to check it. all i knoe that after the ABS light turns on my ABS isn't working. I might as well have to check it out too.

Originally posted by lsd-h22a@Dec 7 2004, 07:44 PM
I have the same problems. My ABS light comes on while driving, but didnt bother to check it. all i knoe that after the ABS light turns on my ABS isn't working. I might as well have to check it out too.
[post=428001]Quoted post[/post]​

I do know that low voltage can cause the ABS check light to come on, but that is one of several possibilities.

Well Im not really sure what it means, but here's some codes you could check it out... I seem to have to same problem, but haven't check mine yet.
Hope this help.

94-97 ABS CODES (thanks to JimBlake):

You pull these codes the same way you pull check-engine codes, but it's the ABS light that's blinking. Here's the sequence...

Insert the jumper, then turn on the key.
Long (2sec.) flash - long (2sec.) pause - this isn't the code yet.
Short flashes for the first digit of the code - 1sec. pause - short flashes for the 2nd digit.
Long (5-second) pause, then the next code.

(94-97) ABS DTCs...
1 - ABS pump motor over-run
1 2 ABS pump motor
1 3 high pressure leakage
1 4 pressure switch
1 8 high pressure system
2 1 parking brake
3 1 pulser RF
3 2 pulser LF
3 4 pulser RR
3 8 pulser LR
3 12 different diameter tires
4 1 wheel sensor RF
4 2 wheel sensor LF
4 4 wheel sensor RR
4 8 wheel sensor LR
5 - rear wheel lock - R/L
5 4 rear wheel lock - R
5 8 rear wheel lock - L
6 - fail-safe relay - F/R
6 1 fail-safe relay - F
6 4 fail-safe relay - R
7 1 solenoid - RF
7 2 solenoid - LF
7 4 solenoid - R
8 1 ABS function
8 2 CPU comparison
8 4 IC self-check

There's NO long flashes, it's all short flashes with short & long pauses in between.

Finally got around to working on it and I realized when installing the half shafts that came with the engine that I made a real error in looking whether they where abs type or not. Turns out the left one wasn't set up for abs with the grooves, so I only had to reinstall my old half shaft. Didn't take long and didn't spend any extra money. That's the kind of fix I like.

I almost forgot, thanks lsd for the codes, I've been looking forever for them. It's definetly something I'm gona have to keep.

Back