ABS swap?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im looking in to buying a 95 Dx hatch that dose not have abs....im a bit of a fast driver, and with my hopefully 350hp + setup im going to need to be able to stop and steer at the same time.......

has anyone ever done a ABS swap on a non abs civic...if so is it a huge pain in the ass and not worth it, or was it a reasonable, costefective project...

huge pain in the ass? :yes:
worth it? :no:
cost effective? :no:

learning propper breaking techniques like trail braking costs nothing and is more effective than letting a computer take over and do the driving for you... especially since hondas ABS is fucking garbage and engages WAYYYY too fucking early

ABS :thumbsdown:
propper braking technique :thumbsup:

lol....me not to smart.....i need pics to get meaning of u say...

lol....i know breaking teq is important, and i have good breadking techniques....my first car was a 81 camaro with a socalled power asisted brakes.... i just like haveing abs.....thanks for the info..i figured it wouldnt be worth it...

TurnFast! Road Racing Resource Center has some good info for improving technique
the book "Going Faster, mastering the art of race driving" is also a great recource and should be read by everyone
another idea is to attend some HPDE track days and get some instruction
google also helps

Back