1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABS swap?????

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by igotnothin, Jan 25, 2007.

1. igotnothin

igotnothin New Member

im looking in to buying a 95 Dx hatch that dose not have abs....im a bit of a fast driver, and with my hopefully 350hp + setup im going to need to be able to stop and steer at the same time.......

has anyone ever done a ABS swap on a non abs civic...if so is it a huge pain in the ass and not worth it, or was it a reasonable, costefective project...

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

huge pain in the ass? :yes:
    worth it? :no:
    cost effective? :no:

learning propper breaking techniques like trail braking costs nothing and is more effective than letting a computer take over and do the driving for you... especially since hondas ABS is fucking garbage and engages WAYYYY too fucking early

ABS :thumbsdown:
    propper braking technique :thumbsup:

3. igotnothin

igotnothin New Member

lol....me not to smart.....i need pics to get meaning of u say...

lol....i know breaking teq is important, and i have good breadking techniques....my first car was a 81 camaro with a socalled power asisted brakes.... i just like haveing abs.....thanks for the info..i figured it wouldnt be worth it...

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

TurnFast! Road Racing Resource Center has some good info for improving technique
    the book "Going Faster, mastering the art of race driving" is also a great recource and should be read by everyone
    another idea is to attend some HPDE track days and get some instruction
    google also helps

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted