Absinthe anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I bought a bottle of Absinth 66 when i was over in germany, i didn't go to crazy on it as i kept in for special ocassions. Got me feeling drunk pretty quick, didn't get hung over.

I had bought it over in my luggage and claimed it and they didn't bat an eye.
drink it if you get the chance, not really worth my money to import it.
The culture behind it is pretty kick ass, people talk about it and you feel you have something in common with them, it is a very bitter alcohol def. an acquired taste.

It's kind of like people that smoke mexican brick, and say weed is weak. You have to get the right shit, then you realize that you have been wasting your time with lesser product.

Since thujone is in the same family and has similar molecular construction to that of THC drinking absinth is supposed to give you a high. this paired with a high alcohol content makes you sloppy drunk.

so the idea behind it is to have to two extreme states of mind, exceptionally clear minded but drunk as hell, too. it's just easier to say that it fucks you up, asumming you get the right stuff, that stuff comes from the czech republic.

When I was in Sweden, we were able to get a hold of a couple bottles. One from Denmark, and one from Germany. Between 4 of us, we finished off a bottle, and we got DRUNK, but it was a different kind of drunkenness. This girl danced against one of the apartment walls for like 3 hours straight, and we just sat and laughed at her the whole time. :lol: ha ha

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 22 2005, 09:26 AM
It's kind of like people that smoke mexican brick, and say weed is weak. You have to get the right shit, then you realize that you have been wasting your time with lesser product.
[post=543549]Quoted post[/post]​

Now that is a perspective I can understand ;)

Blah...go to Japan, Okinawa, and Order a super purple haze....

1 shot Abs, 1 shot Violet, and the rest soda....I used to make them when I wanted to get into a hot girls pants when I lived there....and it works...

Females can handle on glass...male two glasses..

Hardcore guys can only do three...and after 20 minutes they are passed out.

<-used to bartend in Okinawa and Osaka

Ohh...and if your doing the real abs...dont plan on a piss test in a few months...just a warning....... ;)

Originally posted by Blanco@Aug 22 2005, 01:43 PM
I've got to try this stuff...the real, not the 10% immitations.
[post=543704]Quoted post[/post]​

You're in Sac right? When you get some, I'll come up and help you drink some :)

for all of you trying to get the most out of the experience you want King of Spirits Gold
it has 100mg/l thujon (70mg/bottle) most only have 10-35mg/l
70% alc. vol. (140 proof)
its pretty much the strongest shit commercially available

you can get it here for $230 shipped with a free bottle of original german jaegermeister (with wormwood in it)
https://www.absinth24.net/absinthe/product_....-(23.6-fl.html

or here you can get it for $199 or 2 for $300 not sure on shipping cost, but they do ship to the US
http://www.absinthe.bz/store/absinthe-king-gold.html

what about the bottle at the bottom of your first link page...

Absinth Laboheme (Absinth Original) - 70° alc. vol. - 0.75 ltr.

says its from czech...

10mg/l... its crap

just because its from Czech doesnt mean shit

you have to look at the thujon content (if it doesnt say on that page google the specific brand, it will say it somewhere)

king of spirits GOLD is the strongest stuff available (aside from making your own)

:withstupid:

i will say it is an aquired taste.... i use to hate it but now it is oh so delish :wub:

I've got a 2000ml bottle of jager in my freezer right now. ;)

I take a couple of shots every once in a while to help me sleep better since the sun shines almost right on my bed and I work night shift.

I went through a bottle of jaeger with some friends from work last weekend--thanks to it, I got laid. God bless you, jaeger. I LOVE that shit, I drink it by the 12 oz glass, like a soda.

GOO! I like the taste of licorice, but as a liquor, fuck no. Same with cinnamon. I HATE Aftershock and Cinnamon Schnapps. Fucking disgusting. Then again, some people hate tequila...and I do shots of that all night long.

Back