ac belt question??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaElite

im thinking about removing my ac from my 93 h22a1 prelude what would i have to do for a alternator belt?the problem is because the fact that the alternator belt and ac belt run together...

You alternator is adjustable, that's how you put the tension on that belt, so if you delete your a/c, then adjust the alternator all the way in, and get a rough measurement around the crank and alternator pulley, in inches or millimeters, and write it down and take it to your local parts house and see what they have in that size. It's better to have a belt a little too short than to have it too long. Remember adj. the alt. all the way back in and take the measurements. If you measure it with it all the way adjusted out, the belt you get will be too long. I was thinking of taking my a/c system off my 88 lude because the compressor is gone and i really don't wanna spend the money to replace the parts to get it running again. It's not worth it on an 88, since i've driven it so long without it. That's what i had in mind, remeasuring the diameter around the crank and alt after removing the a/c, so i could make sure i get a belt to fit it properly so i can get the alt. back in the loop.

Back