AC going on and off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Judo_boy_48

I have a 90 CRX Si. Sometimes my AC works fine and sometimes it doesn't. When I turn it on (move the switch to 1) and press the AC button my RPMS goes up over 1000 and doesn't go down and the air doesn't get cold. Also I noticed that the blue light above the AC button does not light up. Anyone know what could be making it work only once in a while.

the increase in RPMs when your AC comes on is normal, though mine only did that when my idle speed needed some fine tuning.

as far as the AC being erratic, it sounds like a loose connection. has to be either the ground or positive wires running from your AC control panel. i would look behind the controls and check to see if there is a loose/intermittent wiring harness. you might just have to tie the harness in a position which lets your AC stay on.

the reason i say its from your controls panel is because my AC once was erratic but my AC light stayed lit when the button was pushed in. turned out to be an intermittent AC wire bundle near my battery. your button doesn't stay lit, so it must be a connection by the control panel.

O also i can't switch the air vent position thing. The place where u can make it face ur feet and spit the air. Sry i don't know what to call it. That won't work when my ac doesn't work also. But when the ac is working that works.

Back