AC Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kennyyau

1994 Honda Accord LX recently started blowing warm air when the AC is turned on. I refilled the Freon today and noticed a slight difference of cooler air. When running the car on the highway the AC is really cold, but in stops or idling, the warm air is being blown out. Any advice on what is going on?

And would anybody suggest on getting the AC rechill kit for instance Quest Rechill Kit R134A?

Thanks any help appreciated

Pop your hood
and check if the fan turns on in the engine bay when you turn on your ac.
If it doesnt turn on check the plugs and fuses for the fan.

You need air flowing for the condensor to work

I'm really not sure. i suck with AC stuff.

Only other thing i can think of is the ac clutch; but i really dont know too much more you could try.:confused:

the kit you got to recharge it did it have a separate take to drain the old freon into?

if so i noticed that it just equals the air out between tank and system so when it wont let anymore into the tank just drain the rest out with a screwdriver by pushing the little pin in

WITHOUT BREATHING THE SHIT

then refill it worked GREAT with my moms car after i did it that way but when just draining into the drain bottle that came with he kit it did the same thing as yours

Yeah you probably have an insufficiency, you could drain the old freon dissconnect the lines, replace the orifice, vacumn it down to -32 pounds and fill it will the recommended amount of freon for your car. This should be your best bet. If you could also blow out the lines with solvent (the kind used to flush the lines) once you have it disconnected, this will basicly make the a/c system like new, but also dont forget the oil, like PAG 100/150 etc. You should be able to get all this information/parts/equipment at your local parts store. You could also google it.

I just reread part of your post, if you are interested in recharge kits you might try a synthetic one, its kinda pricey but its colder. If your a/c works at highway speeds the clutch should be fine. Its probably still low on freon, thats why it wont kick on at low speed or stops.

Back