AC Power Steering in DC2/H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

buddyglassjr

Swapped a J-Spec '93 H22A into my '94 Integra LS using Totem (useless crap) then Avid (same as Totem) and finally HaSport (pretty damn good.) Site says that power steering can be kept, but line-of-sight and straightedge measurements show the belt will probably rub. Anyone else get this done? If so, did you use a straight replacement p/s line or modify the two lines to work? Found another site that swore up and down that the '98 Prelude p/s line would work - it doesn't (that's a $120 science experiment you don't need to get yourself involved in.)

Also, has anyone successfully run an R134a Prelude A/C compressor on this setup? Or, has anyone modified another (Civic, Integra, etc) R134a compressor to work?

WOW, SOMEONE THAT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME. i have a 96 integra w/ a h22a4 swap in it. i got the ac and all. but i need the power steering. i talked to a guy and he said i would need a custom bracket to mount it or sumthing. who noes.. <_< im thinkin he's full of shit

I'm actually going to try to put the p/s belt on to see how much needs to be modified. My thinking is - if EF/GSR swaps are known to recess ("smash the hell out of") the frame rail, I should be able to do the same since I think I only need about 1/4"-1/2" clearance (for the belt to flubber side to side like it usually does.) I don't think it'll even be noticeable.

As far as the AC is concerned - I'm at the point where I started eyeing the compressor to see exactly what is involved in making a bracket from the H22 block to my old b18b compressor, and to see if swapping out the compressor pulley will help or hurt. It looks fairly easy - but I'm just so damned lazy. I thought someone else might have already found a solution.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

WOW, SOMEONE THAT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME. i have a 96 integra w/ a h22a4 swap in it. i got the ac and all. ******

I didn't see this the first time. What A/C compressor are you using - an H22 or your B18, or something else?

Back