ac swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludebuddy

Hey guys how much work is it gonna be to swap out the ac from a 94 si into a 93 si that never had ac?

well considering the cars are the same make and model (fifth gens), just different years, it should only be a matter of taking it off carefully and placing it into the other car. i don't understand y u would want to have a/c, it only steals power from the engine, plus it makes it heavier, plus maintenance. if your putting it into your moms car that's cool though!

i have never worked on a honda that didn't come with it stock but remove the battery, and see if there is a hole with 2 inlets on it in the firewall. They should be a shinny aluminum color. If they are there, its all a matter of running all the lines right.

AC was a dealer option on del Sols. They charge somewhere around $1000 to install. They will do it on older models.

Reason I know, My dad was about to buy a 94 samba sol with no AC. He wanted AC, called the dealership and asked how much it would be, said around 1000

Back