acceleration problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Psyco609

it only does it when i first start driving even if it's warmed up but i'll get it in gear and start accelin a little then it starts to cut out so i put it in the next gear then it does the same then after like 30 seconds it's fine again and wont do it again until it cools. i replaced the fuel filter and it wasn't that. could it be my fuel pump? it's an ls in a hatch.

does it cut, or does it bogg?? if it boggs it could be a clogged catalytic converter. try running straight header.

CATS cause alot of problems, and are often over looked.

This is just a suggestion. I recomend you try driving the car with straight header, and see if it solves the problem. Yes it is very loud. But you wont have to spend a dime, and it can be done in less than 10 min.

:eek: you blew your cat?!?!?! haha j/p man :p

you might also try using some "water remover". its a fuel additive that removes water (condensation) from the fuel system and is sold by many brands. stuff only cost like $2 bucks. worth a try.

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Nov 8 2003, 09:30 PM
does it cut, or does it bogg?? if it boggs it could be a clogged catalytic converter. try running straight header.

CATS cause alot of problems, and are often over looked.

This is just a suggestion. I recomend you try driving the car with straight header, and see if it solves the problem. Yes it is very loud. But you wont have to spend a dime, and it can be done in less than 10 min.

you and them straight header :wtf: lol

Originally posted by Psyco609@Nov 9 2003, 04:51 PM
aight thanx i'll try the straight headers and see what happenes.

wait a second headers, you said headers, the last time i checked a 4 banner had one header.

Back