acceleration problem...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slimtdx

i swapped a b18c into my 93 civic. finished it up and took it for a test drive. it idle's fine at about 500, but when i try to accelerate in 1st gear i get nothing....the car doesnt stall, but it doesnt accelerate nor do the RPMs go up. it eventually goes, but after about 2-3 seconds of holding the gas all the way down. this only happens in 1st gear. no ecu codes either. need some quick assistance...

Last edited:
if you have any check engine lights check them first, if not then check your map and tps plugs, you may have gotten them switched
one of the worst things honda did was make those plugs the same and put them right next to eachother.
easiest way to tell is to swap them and see if it makes a difference.
another way to check is to look at the wiring diagram for the engine harness you used and see if the wires match up correctly with the right sensor, sometimes it can be a little pain in the ass tho because sometimes the wire colors on the engine harness get distorted, and can be a pain to see, AND sometimes the colors aren't even right to begin with for god only knows what reason.

Back